Whadya Think of This?

ChkHandleDn

Just wondering what all of your opinions are on this:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,176935,00.html

Kinda sad how PC we've become. It's ok for them to burn, cut up, drag and then string up civilian contractors on bridges However, if we burn some bodies for hygene reasons everyone screams foul-play. Sometimes I think our politically correctness will be our downfall.

F*ck Fox News

F*ck the Taliban rebels and their Afghan and Islamic traditions.

F*ck anybody who gets up in arms about this.

I say we slap some pigskin boots on the Taliban rebels, stuff some pork skins in their mouth, use some Hustler magazines as kindling, then cremate them all.

YGBFSM.

Guest nmiller

Agreed. What a joke. Spoiled kids trying to get attention.

Fox News is the devil. In fact, they all are. I want to vomit when I watch the news.

[ 28. November 2005, 18:32: Message edited by: Green7 ]

Guest skipplet

Fox news is better than all the others...

And I wonder who's had more posts deleted... me or Bender?

[ 28. November 2005, 22:02: Message edited by: Karl ]

Guest GummiBear

All news stations will air anything to get ratings, it's the nature of the beast. Fox news is much better than CNN. At least they have Bill O'Reilly.

[ 28. November 2005, 22:57: Message edited by: GummiBear ]

While I have complained about the bleeding heart liberal news media for years, it has just been in the past 4-5 months (since Katrina really) that my bullshit meter has pegged. Stories like that just reaffirm why I've stopped watching.

:mad:

Guest thebronze

Ramsey Clark is a fukking POS!!!!

He can FOAD!

Edited for spelling....

[ 29. November 2005, 02:42: Message edited by: Johann ]

Guest ericvano

I hope nobody calls Taliban etc. heroes. That would be sick. Though I have to disagree that Bill O'Reilly is a good source of news. He doesn't let his guests speak if he doesn't agree with them, he just talks over them or makes some analogy comparing them to Hitler / fascists, which is pretty counter to the point of having a talk show.

Originally posted by Coach Z:

Fox is shit; they will air anything just to get ratings. Extremely unprofessional and sensational.

I thought they were fair and balanced?

I wish they would stop having a friggin Fox News alert every 6-9 seconds for the same friggin story they've been covering for the past 5 hours.

Hoser

Guest ericvano
I wish they would stop having a friggin Fox News alert every 6-9 seconds for the same friggin story they've been covering for the past 5 hours.
Hear ya on that. Paranoia sells unfortunately.

So true about the Fox News "Alert." It's neat when they're telling you about something worthless and then interrupt themselves with an "alert" to tell you about something they just finished talking about, or maybe the least significant development possible for something like the Natalie Holloway case. They tell you it's fair and balanced, but it's sensationalized and negative like all the rest, what with all the fancy effects and graphics and such. Why not do a positive story about the war for once? Won't happen - not because there are no positive stories, but because the other networks aren't doing positive stories about the war. Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I say all mainstream media in the world sucks monkey balls. it's too bad there's so much money in it.

Originally posted by Toro:

F*ck Fox News

F*ck the Taliban rebels and their Afghan and Islamic traditions.

F*ck anybody who gets up in arms about this.

I say we slap some pigskin boots on the Taliban rebels, stuff some pork skins in their mouth, use some Hustler magazines as kindling, then cremate them all.

YGBFSM.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I've been calling CNN the "Communist News Network" since my deployment last year. I know what I saw with my eyes, I know what we hit, and I know what they broadcast on the news each night. Talk about being 180 degrees out.

Hoser

Guest nmiller

I once saw some guy on Fox News talking about how we finally drafted an exit plan (which, by the way, makes me sick) and say that people are getting sick and tired of hearing about all the bad stuff going on in Iraq. Duh. He then went on to say that if the government released more positive news about what's going on in Iraq, people would be behind the war more. I wanted to jump through the screen and kill him. Maybe he shoulda said: "If you idiots could get the facts straight and stop focusing on all the negative crap to draw ratings people might be behind our cause." All of 'em are morons.

Oh, I also saw some Jack@ss on Fox News get all upset when someone said that journalists don't belong in a war zone. He said something like: "They're over there risking there lives to bring you news, and you should be thankful for heroes like that." I almost puked.

Guest croftfam

All of these are reasons why you only watch the news for the WX, and sports scores (when you don't have ESPN).