Classic Thread - Baseops Haters

Baseops.Net

Fellas,

Every now and then a HATER emails in some sort of a non-coherent incomprehensible manner. For your enjoyment, check out what our AIR FORCE WARRIORS are doing:

--------------------------------------

Comments: Your site includes USAF and AETC symbols which might lead some to believe they are officially sanctioned sites. Request these symbols be removed from the site.

Many Air Force or DoD personnel are not aware of their responsibilities under DoD Directive 5230.25, Withholding of Unclassified Technical Data from Public Disclosure, and AFI 33-129, Web Management and Internet Use. For example, a review of T-6A information on the internet indicates some AETC personnel may not be aware of their responsibilities under DoD Directive 5230.25, Withholding of Unclassified Technical Data from Public Disclosure, and AFI 33-129, Web Management and Internet Use. A cross section of T-6 sites sponsored by “private individuals” have USAF and/or AETC symbols which may lead some to believe they are officially sanctioned sites when, actually, they’re not. Copying and posting official information to unauthorized Web sites is a violation of AFI 33-129. Information Providers (the person or organization providing information for posting on public or private Web pages) are responsible for the content, coordination, and classification of that information and will ensure proper review, approval and release of material by the appropriate offices. Request this information be placed on your web site to inform all users and providers of the risks they take by accessing your web site.

email: john.gillis@randolph.af.mil

NERRRRRRRRRRRDS!

poindexter8ko.jpg

[ 15. August 2006, 20:30: Message edited by: Baseops.Net ]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear God.

In no form, shape, or fasion will the Comm Nazis or shoe clerks (this guys sounds like both all wrapped into one) have any influence over this site.

Mr Gillis,

I kindly invite you to EABOD.

Mr. Gillis,

Please, please, please don't make us start using our CAC's for this site!

And while you are at it, send the terrorists an email as well to make sure they never ever steal our e-pictures. Otherwise, common folk might be fooled into thinking those arabic sites are sanctioned by BIG BLUE. And by the way, are you using your governement computer for official business or are you surfing the net while on duty??

Guest Rainman A-10

Mr Gillis,

I agree with you. There is often classified info accidentally posted on this site, often from the high side.

Please take this ***** down with one of your cool cyber warrior super viruses.

Ooops, was I supposed to mention that?

Ahh, Mr. John F. Gillis

AETCA3FI

AIR EDUC AND TRNG CM/AETCDOFI

487-9648

Yeah, I am bored tonight.

On the global this dude is listed a A3. Wouldn't that make him an Ops Shoe Clerk weenie? Most comm weenies are in A6.

[ 15. August 2006, 23:20: Message edited by: zach braff ]

The only thing I feel is pity. Imagine your job sucking SO HARD that all you can do is attempt to critique a site that helps out 1000s of people with REAL JOBS.

Poor little fella... he's probably never made it out of the cube farm he grew up in.

Is there a good acronym for AFI-quoting assholes? The kind of people (Mr. Gillis) that will do everything they can do stop you from doing anything productive by quoting various AFIs. I think somebody should make on up.

We had a comm engineer (AFMC civilian, but for some reason still wearing DCUs) out here in the AOR that, I swear to God, wanted us to shut down our alerting system because some AFI somewhere said a radio had to be a certain distance from one of the computers.

And on the A3/A6 thing, I just figured the kinds of tools that would be referencing that AFI would come from A6. Most of the AFI quoting beeyoches that keep me from getting comm sh-t done seem to come from A6. I could be wrong though.

This is exactly the argument put forth when I was at USAFE around 2000. They actually blocked access to this site for about 3-4 months due to it's "unofficial" nature. We ultimately got access again when we explained how stupid they were. What a bunch of tools.

Originally posted by Herk Driver:

We ultimately got access again when we explained how stupid they were. What a bunch of tools.

And they accepted your explanation? Wow....

I really am glad that Mr Gillis is so concerned about what is posted on a private website. I find it curious that he would presume that information contained here was taken from an offical USAF website and posted without permission.

Don't forget to not write about or post about anything you do in the AF when you are at home, because you may be on a website that is in violation of an AFI. What? You didn't get the memo. Right. I'm sure there's some AFI that says something about Fraud, Waste and Abuse that would apply to his using government resources while on the job to surf this website.

Guest KoolKat

Too bad you can't make an OPR bullet out of the amount of time you have Baseops.net in your background or minimized in your task bar while your in the squadron...

If that were the case, kenblankenship wouldn't have to go to work tommorrow!

BENDY

The only thing I feel is pity. Imagine your job sucking SO HARD that all you can do is attempt to critique a site that helps out 1000s of people with REAL JOBS.
I say everybody send Mr Gillis a message with your piece of mind - I'm going to do it right now. Not a insulting blast, mind you, but an well articulated letter that described the benefits of this site, the fact that it does not release any sort of 'Official' AF info other than which is available on other sites, and is a tremendous asset to those in the AF and a those desiring to be in the AF (read: recruiting tool).

And then maybe I'll tell him he's a douchebag in the P.S.

Guest Rainman A-10
Originally posted by Ferg:

I say everybody send Mr Gillis a message with your piece of mind - I'm going to do it right now.

Think twice about taunting the threat.

Avoid, suppress, kill.

Technique only.