Guard fighter squadrons being reduced!?

wikz

It would not bring any value add to the SEAD mission, and is much less capable in that role than the F-35. But that’s not a dig on the Raptor, it was never designed for that role. Old jets belong at the 65th as mentioned above…that is one of the best ideas I’ve heard the AF have in the last 10 years, too bad it’s taking them about 10 years too long to implement a good idea.

On 3/20/2024 at 11:03 PM, brabus said:

It would not bring any value add to the SEAD mission, and is much less capable in that role than the F-35. But that’s not a dig on the Raptor, it was never designed for that role. Old jets belong at the 65th as mentioned above…that is one of the best ideas I’ve heard the AF have in the last 10 years, too bad it’s taking them about 10 years too long to implement a good idea.

I’ll take your word on it, still the airplane nerd in me doesn’t like seeing them put into storage 

On the general subject of guard fighters, the F-15EX and huge pork barrel project to take the guts of the Gripen E and put them into a resurrected F-20 

image.png.849a67f9ecec3eea8c633fee88033175.png

Couldn't help myself

• Upvote 1