OCONUS military spouse job opportunities

Broad won't get you any good answers.  Every country will have a SOFA which can severely restrict dependents ability to work both on base and off.  Some countries (UK) are pretty easy to find a job on base and off (with the right VISA).  Its going to vary greatly by country.

On 7/17/2023 at 7:36 PM, uhhello said:

Broad won't get you any good answers.  Every country will have a SOFA which can severely restrict dependents ability to work both on base and off.  Some countries (UK) are pretty easy to find a job on base and off (with the right VISA).  Its going to vary greatly by country.

Let's go with Germany then!

Not sure if this helps, but I was surprised to find out that some countries in the EU will give you a passport if your parents, grandparents, or in some cases, great-grandparents were from that country.

I don't know all of the nuances of working in different countries in Europe, but if your spouse was somehow able to get a passport from a EU member, I'd assume it would make getting a job in Germany that much easier (certainly much easier than applying as an American passport holder).

Edited by Blue

17 hours ago, Internationalmesa said:

Let's go with Germany then!

Germany is a lot easier.  She should be able to find a job if qualified.

Germany. Also under the NATO SOFA. Military spouses can work on the economy and for US-based companies. Income earned on the economy is subject to “limited German taxation.” Those who are self-employed should contact their legal office to confirm requirements as they vary depending upon the services offered.