Guard Pilot Training Orders

Hi all,

I'm looking for some detail on the "type" of orders that would come with the 3-4 years of pilot training + seasoning in a guard unit.

I'm a guard off the street hire anticipating starting the OTS/UPT pipeline next year. I'm currently in the process of switching civilian jobs in the meantime, and am reviewing prospective opportunities. As one would expect, I'm looking at applicable military leave policies as well.

The company I plan to sign on with provides paid military leave for employees that are "deployed for an active duty tour for a declared military action (to include Homeland Defense)." This is what leads to me to the above query, as all I know about OTS/UPT/FTU orders is that they are normally Title 10 and are considered active duty. Are these sets of orders explicitly listed as training orders, and furthermore what are the different categories of orders that are applicable for Guardsmen (i.e. school vs combat deployment)?

I'm essentially just trying to align actual AF terminology with that of the mil leave policy and see if my UPT/FTU orders would be eligible. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by NABO

Hi all,
I'm looking for some detail on the "type" of orders that would come with the 3-4 years of pilot training + seasoning in a guard unit.
I'm a guard off the street hire anticipating starting the OTS/UPT pipeline next year. I'm currently in the process of switching civilian jobs in the meantime, and am reviewing prospective opportunities. As one would expect, I'm looking at applicable military leave policies as well.
The company I plan to sign on with provides paid military leave for employees that are "deployed for an active duty tour for a declared military action (to include Homeland Defense)." This is what leads to me to the above query, as all I know about OTS/UPT/FTU orders is that they are normally Title 10 and are considered active duty. Are these sets of orders explicitly listed as training orders, and furthermore what are the different categories of orders that are applicable for Guardsmen (i.e. school vs combat deployment)?
I'm essentially just trying to align actual AF terminology with that of the mil leave policy and see if my UPT/FTU orders would be eligible. 
Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Apply to Lockheed Martin and you won’t have to worry about it. 5 years differential pay for all orders. No length or type requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Upvote 1