Medical Retirement Gouge?

Guest LumberjackAxe

20 hours ago, OregonHerc said:

Fact.  And while we do/did get a lot of smoke blown our way about “moving directly into a leadership/middle management position”…that’s not necessarily the case for some.

That said, it’s a big time job seekers market which is quite nice. Decent signing bonuses are quite common with increased salaries (to be sure: inflation is one factor). In non tech roles, have routinely heard of 6 figure cash and stock signing bonuses in my side of the world. 

I posted a job with my company on here awhile back. Some O-5 type, who most likely has been in the Air Force in some capacity since he was 18, stated that the salary looked a little low (Colorado state law states you have to provide a salary range on all job postings).

I laughed because I was curious what he would know what was a competitive salary compared to the position since he’s been in the military a majority of his life?

I agree about moving straight into leadership/management roles. Maybe with 20+ years of experience and an Ivy League school on their resume, maybe.

4 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

I posted a job with my company on here awhile back. Some O-5 type, who most likely has been in the Air Force in some capacity since he was 18, stated that the salary looked a little low (Colorado state law states you have to provide a salary range on all job postings).

I laughed because I was curious what he would know what was a competitive salary compared to the position since he’s been in the military a majority of his life?

I agree about moving straight into leadership/management roles. Maybe with 20+ years of experience and an Ivy League school on their resume, maybe.

Love it. Sounds about right.

20 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

What was the salary and the required qualifications?