UPT Graduation Events

HuggyU2

Question

I'm just curious...

When I went to UPT, we did a winging ceremony on Friday in the base theater with family, and a mess dress dinner at the Club.  It was a large time.

I've heard that has changed quite a bit.

What is being done now for UPT graduation?  And how did it look 2 years ago before the Wu-Flu changed things?

3 answers to this question

I graduated May 2020 (KEND) and we didn’t have much. Drop was just our flight and close fam in the auditorium (not the previously used O Club with all other green bagged folks). Graduation was similar; a quick ceremony with very limited # of family (Facebook livestream was the only option for out of town/non-quarantined/large fam) in the chapel. Definitely no banquet.

Kinda the height of early unknown Ronas, but certainly not much (sanctioned) celebration to cap the UPT adventure. 

CAFB during a COVID lull had the full deal.

Family events (see the RSU, tour squadron, red carpet sim, etc.) on the Thursday, then Friday was a graduation in service dress (winging) followed by more activities and then the mess dress dinner that night at the club.

VAFB as of last week: Graduation limited to 50 people total. Only leadership, graduating students, and close family are aloud to attend.

Prior to last week though, drop nights and graduations seemed to be going on pretty normal with a few exceptions (no red carpet sims or RSU tours.) The mask police were out in force at drop nights.

Edited by mightymighty