JP8 cost

Guest NSFW

Guest croftfam
Originally posted by Login Name:

"Where are your troops and may I take picture of them?"

-Izheet M'drowrz

Reading that gets so old. Especially when the question comes from a dude who's been around the site for some time. I know OPSEC is a big deal, but come on :rolleyes: I don't quite think JP8 cost applies here. Nice try, but your witty reply stinks this time.

Sorry, when I'm on nights I get kinda wierd.

[ 26. September 2005, 04:14: Message edited by: heloguy ]

Alone by itself, you're probably right, it doesn't matter. But there has been a lot of stuff talked about on this site and it doesn't take a genius to compile all the info together to help whatever group the guy who is looking for this info is working for. I'm guessing they would like to collect whatever they could. They may like to know the cost of fuel, b/c maybe it'd be a smarter move for a terrorist group to bomb our fuel depots rather than a civilian building. It would drive the cost up as well as limit our capabilities.

My point is, alone by themselves, the things mentioned on this site are relatively insignificant. When you put them all together though, in the bigger picture of things...they may be a bit more important.

And no offense to NSFW, but just b/c he's been on this site for a long time doesn't mean he's not spy. It doesn't mean I'm not a spy, nor you, nor Toro, or anybody else who frequents this site.

OK, I'll admit it, I'm the friggin' spy on this site!

Seriously, the last thing we need is another OPSEC brief. If anyone has any questions concerning OPSEC, I will gladly steer them to the OPSEC office where I work. These are the same guys that dig through my trash looking for classified documents. If you are interested in some really scary stuff you can find out on-line, PM me with a .MIL address. If you don't have one, don't bother.

As for the price of JP-8, it's $0.903020/gal at Bargam AB, Afghanistan. Next time try using Google.

Cheers! M2

Guest Xtndr50boom

How much the AF pays for JP-8 is completely insignificant. A terrorist would be much better prepared to strike at US forces, or otherwise plan an event by simply looking at the TDY gouge section of this very website: "Hmmm...In hawaii aircrews favor the outrigger waikiki and frequent a bar called duke's. Interesting". Or other tidbits like pops leather or that place in Osan or Pattaya Beach where you can get great suits dirt cheap.

How much JP-8 costs the USAF is not and will never be an OPSEC indicator. Get a grip on reality folks

Guest croftfam
Originally posted by Xtndr50boom:

How much JP-8 costs the USAF is not and will never be an OPSEC indicator. Get a grip on reality folks

If you notice, there's only one dude that lost his grip on reality. Besides, fighters and heavies suck. Everyone secretly wants to fly helicopters, we understand.

In a public document which tried to justify replacing the engines on the B-52 with nice new more fuel efficient ones they quoted a gallon of gas costing 18 times more coming out of a tanker than a fuel pump on the ground....

Originally posted by Pogo:

a gallon of gas costing 18 times more coming out of a tanker than a fuel pump on the ground....

Gee, ya think? More expensive to get flown around in and dispensed from a '135 or a '10 than just getting pumped out of a tank?

Guest Xtndr50boom

Hacker hit the nail right on the head. Cheaper to let ol' Haji filler er' up and clean the windshield than pay for the ops, mx, mods, crews, etc, of more than 450 tankers flying around the world. Who would've thought?

Right on helo. You're definitely persistent