Speeding ticket question

Guest RJP

Guest Ryan Paul

I have a lot of speeding tickets. A (civilian) security manager at an ANG fighter unit recently told me that I can obtain a TS clearance to fly Hercs, tankers, etc. but I wouldn't be able to obtain a TS to fly fighters.

I was under the impression that a TS is a TS, regardless of platform. Is it true my driving record would receive more scrutiny from OPM as a fighter UPT selectee?

[ 02. November 2006, 11:54: Message edited by: Toro ]

• Downvote 1

Guest Ryan Paul

Thanks for the replies. Toro, didn't you used to be involved with OPM security clearance investigations or something to that effect?

[ 03. November 2006, 09:22: Message edited by: RJP ]

• 4 years later...

Thread revival from hell: Anyone know what the penalty in FL is for ~30 over the speed limit?

There was an extenuating circumstance: I was driving along minding my own business when a redneck in a 90s blazer came along side me (on a 2 lane road, mind you), and started yelling and trying to run me off the road. Though I was armed, I decided it was better to avoid the confrontation and accelerated away. About the time I let off the throttle a cop appeared heading the other direction. I actually flagged him down (he didn't put his lights on), pulled over (as did the redneck) and told him the story. His response was to give me and the redneck a ticket and let me leave first.

Assuming the court may not give a shit about the situation, does anyone have any experience with a ticket for this kind of speed (58 in a 25...not a construction or school zone)?

This link should cover it pretty well.

Are you a FL resident or just passing through on work/vacation? That should play a major factor in your course of action. If you're not local it will probably cost you more to fight it than just pay the fine and call it good, since any court action will have to be accomplished in the county of citation.

Edited by Napoleon_Tanerite

I'm a resident but will heading down range pretty shortly...

Oh, and I already fucking googled it. Read the FL statutes, read random comments from random people, read bad and good advice. Got on the relevant FL websites. I know what’s possible, but I’m looking for personal experiences from our community.

Edited by zrooster99
  • Downvote 1

I'm a resident but will heading down range pretty shortly...

Oh, and I already fucking googled it. Read the FL statutes, read random comments from random people, read bad and good advice. Got on the relevant FL websites. I know what’s possible, but I’m looking for personal experiences from our community.

Was it just a speeding ticket?

Call the prosecutors office (or better yet, make an appointment and go in person) and explain the situation, including the fact that you'll be going downrange and not be present to contest. At a minimum you need to have the chance to contest and that means a delayed court date if you can't get in before you depart. You should ask if you can get a CWOP (continuance without a plea) or whatever they call it in FL if the ticket is for something other than speeding (like reckless/careless).

Hire a speeding ticket attorney!

They will fight it on your behalf. Speeding tickets are a pure money grab. Don't waste your time! Waste the County's time.

Speeding ticket lawyers are fairly reasonable. Mine was $150...but, she had to go back twice on my behalf.

Start here: AVVO

Best $150 I've ever spent!

Edited by mule