Aviator Contact Lens Program - Non-flying Billet

Ram

I wore contacts for a couple years as part of the program for aviators, but now I'm in a non-flying billet and wish to continue wearing contacts.

I'm perfectly content to purchase them myself if I have to, but does anyone know if pilots in non-flying billets can still receive contacts for free under the program?

Thanks in advance for the help. :beer:

I wore contacts for a couple years as part of the program for aviators, but now I'm in a non-flying billet and wish to continue wearing contacts.

I'm perfectly content to purchase them myself if I have to, but does anyone know if pilots in non-flying billets can still receive contacts for free under the program?

Thanks in advance for the help. :beer:

Yes, but someone has to foot the bill. When I got them 'free', they were paid for by squadron funds. When guys in our squadron wanted them, the RA had to sign a letter for optometry stating who/what to charge. All the optometry guys cared about was the fund cite or line of accounting to charge them to. If your non-flying unit will foot the bill, you can still get them. I'm not aware of a way to get them otherwise.