What has 'improved' in the AF?

C-21.Pilot

I'll add Al Udeid Air Base to the list of things that have improved. There is no reason for it to be so shitty in the first place, but that's not the point...

1) Civilian clothes allowed. Yoga pants are the best thing to ever happen to this place.

2) Threshold rule gone. If you can get it, you can hit it.

3) Flip flops and hats allowed in the chow halls.

4) Customs guys are almost polite and only take ~5 minutes.

5) AF transpo guys running trans again. Far more reliable and prompt than the old contractors.

6) No more reflective belts.

7) No more getting Chiefed, due to all of the above changes.

Having said that, the civilian Caddy custodian contract got f*cked up last week, so USAF people are cleaning all the shitters right now...but that should be fixed by next week.

I'll add Al Udeid Air Base to the list of things that have improved. There is no reason for it to be so shitty in the first place, but that's not the point...

1) Civilian clothes allowed. Yoga pants are the best thing to ever happen to this place.

2) Threshold rule gone. If you can get it, you can hit it.

3) Flip flops and hats allowed in the chow halls.

4) Customs guys are almost polite and only take ~5 minutes.

5) AF transpo guys running trans again. Far more reliable and prompt than the old contractors.

6) No more reflective belts.

7) No more getting Chiefed, due to all of the above changes.

Having said that, the civilian Caddy custodian contract got f*cked up last week, so USAF people are cleaning all the shitters right now...but that should be fixed by next week.

I was going to list some of this stuff as well, but this is how things were back in the day in the early 2000s. So just because a series of cockbags, uncleverly disquised as "leaders," institute a bunch of stupid shit over the years that eventually get repealed, does not really make that an improvement. These changes kind of go along with the example that someone brought up before where you get a 10% pay cut and then several years later get a 10% pay raise. That's not really a raise or an improvement.

Don't get me wrong, the Deid is actually a pretty good place now, and the positive impact that civilian clothes and no reflective belt douchebaggery or chiefs brings about cannot be overstated. It just never had to be that way in the beginning, so I can't chalk this stuff up as an overall long-term improvement.

• Upvote 5