Flight Chief orders Airmen to mow his home's lawn, move his car upon arrival in the morning, and more!

Vice

Found this online; cannot confirm validity, but it sounds like something that should be on DuffelBlog.

Edit: I found this online and I'm relaying it over here to see what your reactions and input is. This is NOT written by me,

Okay, first I'd like to just state that I normally don't bitch about my situation, I've delt with a lot of interesting bosses since I have been in and always sucked it up , but this one takes the cake. I think I need to deal with this before it becomes something I can't ignore anymore.

So I'll get right to the point, my flight chief is one piece of work. I've only been here for a few months now and have seen multiple things that made me raise my eyebrow. For starters he likes to give orders to people for personal favors, for example the first week I was there he would park his car in front of the building, he then walks in and hands his keys to a SSgt or Airman to park his car. Another time he made a TSgt come to his house to mow his lawn while he was gone, he even declined and was told "I'm not asking you I'm telling you, we take care of each other here". he also throws parties at his house, he closes down the workcenter and makes it mandatory for everyone to attend, there have been times where I actually had work to do and needed to catch up, and was told to get the hell up and go. There have also been times where he has asked for personnel to finance squadron items such as cleaning supplies, telling him you dont have enough money doesnt work, he just grabs an airman to help you fund it also, always says he is going to pay us back but never does.

Also some other mildly anoying thing but I think I have no grounds to stand on these ones. He likes to have people work double shifts, im totally cool with working 12 or even 14 hour shifts if its needed, but thats not the case, he will have someone come in at 0700 to around 5 or 6, then come right back in for a 2300-0700 shift, all the times he has done this was not because we had a lot of work to do, but rathar he wanted us there for a going away lunch or a chief was vistiting. He also lies, many times he has come in to our office to "get the story straight" to cover his own ass for missing a meeting or messing up a proceedure.

Again most of this is a rant, I've been in for a while now so and work a pretty demanding job. I'm quite used to being bent over, I'm always the first one to tell everyone else to quit the crying and suck it up, but this ######in guy....my blood just boils. The problem is that there have been 3 before me who have fought him, and they lost, as soon as he caught wind they were talking about going to the IG or the commander, he had them transfered or kicked out. People walk around with joker smiles all day just because they are scared this guys gonna ###### their career up. Should I just put a smile on my face a hope for a PCS or should I bring this up to someone outside? Mostly lookin for advice from the old guys who have been in this position before.

Edited by Vice