FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

I used ptdy for my last interview. Don't know about the current guidance being in a reg but it was in a psdm that you didn't get it and then they sent out a clarification memo via email a couple weeks saying you do. If you PM me your work email I will try and hunt down the guidance and shoot it to you. If you are Oconus you get 30!

"You never have too much gas...unless you're on fire"

So the way I read it you only are eligible for the 20 days of PTDY if you're VSPing or retiring, not just regular-guy separating...that check?

No, you are definitely eligible for the 20 days PTDY with a regular separation. Remember the fine print as mentioned above, and the same goes for terminal leave, that it's CC discretion. You CAN take your PTDY back-to-back with your terminal leave (if approved). As long as your CC is going to give you the full 20 days, just back up your final out date to DOS - terminal leave (you also accrue leave while you are on leave, so factor that in, too) - PTDY = Final Out.

So it's Friday, anyone have odds on whether we hear anything at all today?

"We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week."

Given that this endeavor has broken every deadline and suspense we've known, and probably a couple more - It'll be next Friday.

What reg is that written in? It goes against everything we've been told since December. It's something I need to see to believe. Not saying I'm doubting you, just verifying.

Its also in the q&a dated 6 may.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

I used ptdy for my last interview. Don't know about the current guidance being in a reg but it was in a psdm that you didn't get it and then they sent out a clarification memo via email a couple weeks saying you do. If you PM me your work email I will try and hunt down the guidance and shoot it to you. If you are Oconus you get 30!

Yea, thanks man but no need...the interview is in the past and I took leave to attend so no biggie. Pay it forward to the next dude.

No, you are definitely eligible for the 20 days PTDY with a regular separation. Remember the fine print as mentioned above, and the same goes for terminal leave, that it's CC discretion. You CAN take your PTDY back-to-back with your terminal leave (if approved). As long as your CC is going to give you the full 20 days, just back up your final out date to DOS - terminal leave (you also accrue leave while you are on leave, so factor that in, too) - PTDY = Final Out.

Humm...doesn't seem like that's the case from the reg (36-3003):

"12.8. PTDY Not Authorized. Unit commander cannot authorize PTDY if a member requests PTDY to (this list is not all-inclusive):
12.8.1. Search for a house or search for a job when the separation program designator (SPD) code renders member ineligible for full benefits and services under AFI 36-3009, Airman and Family Readiness Centers, (for example, a member voluntarily separating for miscellaneous reasons or on completion of required active service)."
I'm guessing I'd fall under the "completion of required active service" SPD code since I'm just regular-guy leaving when my commitment is up. Has anyone had luck getting that PTDY approved in that same situation (i.e. not PC or VSP?). I'd love to either just have 20 more days of freedom or to keep my DOS the same and profit from selling 20 days of leave rather than taking them as terminal if it's all kosher.
Edited by nsplayr

nsplayr, yes, that was my situ. Finished my ADSC and punched a few months after. I got PTDY, but I took some of it before my final out. who knows if it was right or not, but when scheduling my final out date finance even asked if I was taking any PTDY in conjunction with terminal.

BTW, can't find any references in the A&FRC reg (36-3009) about how separatees are coded. But the AFI was more recently revised, so the leave guidance could be outdated...

Edited by stract

PM me, I'll shoot u the email and fwd it to the ISR or commander. What's the worse they can say, no?

Hey guys,

I'm currently isolated from society in SWA and my community (which is disolving in FY15) just got hit with a short notice suspense for RFF packages. This also comes on the heels of a request for ADPs. Do they really need this stuff or are they trying to get me to throw down my cards?

Hey guys,

I'm currently isolated from society in SWA and my community (which is disolving in FY15) just got hit with a short notice suspense for RFF packages. This also comes on the heels of a request for ADPs. Do they really need this stuff or are they trying to get me to throw down my cards?

I'm guessing 11R? If you've been following the force shaping fiasco since it started in Dec of '13, the RRF requirement shouldn't surprise you. Everyone who is in an overage AFSC and year group meeting the RIF board will have to do one. There are a lot of us on this board who showed our cards back in February expecting a quick answer to VSP (applications "processed in batches approximately every 30 days") before the RIF which was swiftly postponed until Oct. To answer your question, yes they really need the stuff. New VSP window opens 22 May, check out the FY15 RIF PSDM on myPers.

Also, according to a c17 guy who is outprocessing under vsp, he can only take 60 days of terminal, so he's burning through some leave now instead of being able to take it in one big chunk.

Also, if you have 70 days of leave then thats when you start your terminal, how can they tell you you cant take it all at once?? Makes no sense.

I've been seeing this as a unit policy, not a standard from any personnelist. It generally looks like (NC)OIC's are trying to manage their manpower with the mission and prevent people from leaving within 30 days of notification.

Can anybody verify that all leave, including terminal, needs Commander approval?

Has anyone written their congressman about the delay of these applications? I heard from a co-worker that she got a quick response (after a pro-longed no response) to withdraw her TERA application after contacting her congressman. Might be a fast track to disapproval, who knows.

'04 11M

And another deadline comes and goes

Was there a deadline that was supposed to happen today? I had heard "mid May" or May 15th as one. I fully expect to be disappointed in 3 more days. I just want to make sure there's not a reason to be disappointed now. You have to spread it out a little bit. Edited by Lumbergh

Yea, I called TFSC again today and the theme I keep hearing is "mid-May." I also went through the PSDM trying to find a deadline, but couldn't find anything solid. FML.

I couldn't find that, not sure if someone has that reference.

The mypers website says notifications will occur by"approximately ten days after the window closes." Nothing beats an "approximate" deadline. They probably meant 10 business days... Stupid us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk