FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Anyone listen to the afpc webinar? Said vsp were starting to be processed again today and notifications to go out this week and over the next few months......

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Link? Can't find it on DCO.

So I put in for a deros extension (May to July) a few weeks ago to allow time for a response to my vsp app. Even though it clearly states in the vsp psdm that personnel should extend their deros, AFPC declined my request this week.

These functionals are completely out of control. They actually said, "well the Air Force is moving you anyway, so they'll just move you again if your vsp is approved." Talk about fraud, waste, and abuse. I hope higher ups are actually reading this board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure there isn't a portion of this debacle that they haven't screwed up. They have literally ed up at every step. To be perfectly honest, watching this train wreck of mismanagement, incompetence, and prevarication has been one of the factors that has galvanized my sentiment that it is time to disembark.

"Mid May" is 11-21 May. My money is on 21 May.

I'll take that bet, hell, I'll even give you 2:1 odds. FYI I accept only bitcoins or fine scotch.

Now to the rub. The E’s have the QFRB going on right now. Supposedly from May 5-25th? I don’t expect to hear anything on E VSP’s until after that.

My first thought is that it makes sense. Kick out the guys you don’t want first before letting the guys you do want. If this is the case then AFPC screwed up yet another portion of the FM. If I’m right, then they should have made that clear at the beginning. Poor planning is an understatement with this shit show.

In that same vein...I have two TSgts in my office. TSgt A desperately is trying for VSP and applied on day one. TSgt B desperately wants to stay in, and is meeting QFRB. Same AFSC and MWS. The overage matrix has been updated for the AFSC (reduced, not gone), however we know of nobody (locally, at least) getting approved. Chief calls TSgt B and says QFRB is a go, things don't look good, start looking for jobs. TSgt A has job lined up, is put on deployment instead.

I think afpc is smarter than we think.

What a conundrum!!

On the one hand, any sentence that reads "AFPC is smarter than __________ " is bound to be false; on the other hand, any organization is bound to be smarter than we give AFPC credit for....

I had easier questions on my college finals...!!

Any word yet on if '05 guys can still apply for the 2nd round starting on May 22nd?

Had a friend today call TFSC and the guy there told her that "mid-May" actually is a range and means until May 31st. This made perfect sense to me. I have always taken a suspense as mid-May to mean the entire last two weeks of the month....

This crap is unbelievable. They were supposed to be approving VSPs in monthly batches back in March. The more they delay, the less time folks are going to have to get their personal and career affairs in order prior to 29 Sep. Having less than four months to get affairs in order is unacceptable. If this gets delayed further, folks should get their Congressmen involved. This ridiculousness, busted suspenses, and conflicting guidance HAS to stop. We are not just numbers, we are people and families, and this disorganization is effecting more than just the servicemembers themselves.

A few of my troops were told they were no longer going to meet the ERB. All of the E's that were notified had applied for VSP. I'm guessing notifications are imminent on the enlisted side. O side can get out the Tarot cards for information because Tarot is more accurate than AFPC at this point.

We've had two get approved for VSP, not palace chase, in the last two days - both 11M. 04 and 02 year groups. ADSC's 2016 and 2014.

Neither have any negative quality indicators or were passed over for O-4. Direct knowledge (SQ exec)

Buckner, were they in MWS squadrons or somewhere else?

YGBSM!!!!! Buckner, I know everyone's gonna ask but more details please. How the F did they send out so many denials already and the 02 year group even went red like 2-3 weeks ago!!!!!!!!! This is ludicrous.

"You never have too much gas...unless you're on fire"

They were not in MWS Squadons. One single Email sent to both the member and commander in the "TO" block

cut and pasted below:

From: PPA-Voluntary Separation [mailto:dpsos.separations@randolph.af.mil]

Sent: ---

To: Joe Bag o Donuts and Joes Commander

Subject: Voluntary Separation Application Approved

This is to inform you that HQ AFPC has approved the voluntary separation application submitted by RANK JOE BAGODONUTS. See comments below:Your request to separate is approved under FY14 LADSC Waiver program" for 30 September 2014. AFPC will update your approved Date of Separation (DOS) in MILPDS within 72 hrs. After 72 hours, please proceed to the vMPF to complete the Initial Separation Briefing, the pre-separation order worksheet and the DD FM 214 worksheet. Please follow the instructions below for completion of the above items. Upon accessing the vMPF, click on the Self-Service Actions link, Separations link and then the Initial Separation Briefing link. Complete the initial separation briefing and click the OK button. Air Force policy mandates a medical examination (physical) IAW AFI 48-123, Medical Examinations and Standards, before separation or retirement when certain conditions exist. The medical facility will determine whether an examination is mandatory or optional. To avoid the possibility of medical hold, please visit the Medical Standards Management Element (MSME) section at your local medical treatment facility within 5 duty days of completing the initial separation briefing. The letter to initiate your medical clearance is located in the initial separation briefing. After completing the initial separation briefing, click the Pre-Separation Order Worksheet link and complete the worksheet. Click the Next button and proceed through the worksheet screens. After completing the worksheet, click the Submit button and the worksheet will flow to AFPC for processing. Once the worksheet is submitted, the worksheet cannot be accessed again. Separation orders cannot be processed without this worksheet being completed and submitted. Review the DD Form 214 Worksheet, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and provide source documents of missing entries to the MPS. Separation orders will be available on vOP approximately 4-6 weeks after receipt of the completed Pre-Separation Order Worksheet. Orders are prioritized and completed based on date of separation and projected departure date. Unfortunately there is no personal e-mail notification when orders are finalized and available on vOP. It will be your responsibility to monitor vOP to receive orders. If your intent is to affiliate with the Air Force Reserve (AFRC) via Palace Front, you MUST contact your local In-Service Recruiter to initiate the SCROLL approval process. This process takes approximately 4 months to complete. You WILL have a break-in-service if you are not SCROLL approved by SECDEF to affiliate with AFRC prior to your DOS. The approved separation date WILL NOT be extended due to SCROLL delays. Thank you for your service and good luck in your future endeavors!

NOTE: Please DO NOT REPLY to this email. If you require assistance or do not understand the available options, please Contact Us at https://gum-crm.csd.disa.mil/app/answers/detail/a_id/12808.

Careful. That email says voluntary separation approved not voluntary separation PAY approved. My email specifically said voluntary separation pay approved. Looks like the ADSC waiver approval program instead.

I do like how they have added the remarks regarding the SCROLL process. I'm finding this out the hard way and will most likely have a break in service (from AD to Reserves) as a result. For anyone interested in palace chasing or fronting to the Reserves talk to your in-service recruiter now to get the ball rolling. The Scroll process is currently bottlenecked at the approval authority taking several months.

Edited by GMaster13

ok its not VSP where P is the pay, its the VS program and they requested a LADSC waiver. confirm? its all in the details, thought you were an exec?

Psdm 13-65 updated 7 feb states that 11m's are eligible but UFT was not waiverable. Any 2004 guy is gonna have a pilot trng adsc, so im requesting a follow up to your post on when they applied, to what program and how long it took.

You know the info on here is the best "guidance" we really have, but let's do ourselves a favor and post the right stuff as to not steer people into a headwind, thanks in advance for the additional details

Edited by chizz

LADSC Waiver Program and VSP are two separate programs. I turned in my app during the period where they were updating the waiverable ADSCs for VSP. I requested LADSC Waiver Program because, at the time, my ADSCs were not waiverable under VSP. My Wing/CC updated it to VSP program when they changed. My app got denied on 28 Apr because of the conflicting requests. I had 48 hours to draft a new request and re-submit through my chain. Emails and phone calls to AFPC were getting me nowhere trying to convince them to "un-deny" my app and just let me correct the wording. Fortunately, I was able to work the miracle to get a new app through the wickets and back to AFPC by 1 May. Rediculous.

so hella did you apply for the LADSC waiver again? Buckner, do you know how long it was from when these guys applied to when they were approved? i still want to know how the 02 guy got approved when our matrix was updated about 2-3 weeks ago and doesnt show an overage anymore. If this process is faster I will pull my palace chase app right now and apply but didnt think i was eligible anymore. i just want an answer faster so I can update my airline apps and start working on the next job

Completely echo chizz's questions. I would consider pulling my vsP app and submitting just for vs. I am so tired of this garbage known as afpc. Maybe the heart bleed virus got to their antiquated information systems. I wonder if the members of afpc slap a quote such as "conduct personnel matters like a champ today" when they walk in the doorway to that awful place.

No. I applied for VSP and am waiting as well.

got it, your initial denial was for the ADSCs that currently werent waived, then you applied again once they were.

Buck, sent you a PM

Actually, my initial denial was just because there was a conflict between what my portion of that app said and what my Wing/CC put. I don't think it even got looked at for ADSCs and that stuff. Denied purely for the clerical error.

Edited by Hella-Copters

How do they expect us to separate by 30 Sep with ~90 days or less notice? AFPC needs to get this shit done and notifications sent yesterday. This delay is unacceptable.

30 September I could probably swing. The 1 Aug date I put on my app is going to be difficult with terminal and PTDY. Speaking of family concerns, baby due Sep. Should be interesting. What I expect to see on my denial email:"We regret to inform you that your VSP application was denied because you selected a date too early to allow for you to take terminal leave prior to separation. You should have known better. Please reapply in round two with a date that makes sense you moron."

Looks like RIF board notifications are going out. I'm an 06'11B and my CC told me today that I'm eligible for RRF board and I need to have paperwork in by 28 May. Anybody else get word today?

we got CC notification last week.