New USAF Uniforms?

Papa Herk

Yeah, it sucks, but its part of being in the military. My Dress Blues (with Sam Browne Belt, Sword, and associated attachments) costs in excess of $1,500. I've worn it for commissioning, for TBS graduation, for a buddy's wedding, and for the Marine Corps Birthday Ball each year. Worse, if you gain or lose more than 7 lbs you can count on looking like a bag of ass unless you get it tailored. Hell, I've only actually had to have the sword once, (for the wedding.) That thing alone was over $500.

-- ETA: Also wore it for funeral detail, Toys for Tots, and some other ceremony (forget what it was.)

Yeah, but when's the last time the USMC changed it's dress uniform? It gets old when the AF sees fit to re-invent itself in some way (like a uniform change) every few years.

Yeah, but when's the last time the USMC changed it's dress uniform? It gets old when the AF sees fit to re-invent itself in some way (like a uniform change) every few years.

Very true. I definitely did not take that into account.

I like the direction we are headed with the Multi-Cam 2 piece flight suits. It is functional and comfortable - looks good too. We wear them deployed and are working on wearing them at home, too - one uniform that you can wear, no matter where you go. Hard to take them seriously, with regard to costs, when I have to maintain three different utility uniforms.

I like the direction we are headed with the Multi-Cam 2 piece flight suits. It is functional and comfortable - looks good too. We wear them deployed and are working on wearing them at home, too - one uniform that you can wear, no matter where you go. Hard to take them seriously, with regard to costs, when I have to maintain three different utility uniforms.

The easy solution is rated personnel wear ABUs never.

The easy solution is rated personnel wear ABUs never.

Wife's still have O1 rank on 'em. Apparenlty unless you're addressing the unwashed masses (as a O6+), they're not required.

Once again.. I just want patches back.