(DCA) TSA - Pre✓™ Trusted Traveler Program for Service Members

Finance_Guy

~~~~~~~~~~~Please share the message next under~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On March 20, 2012, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will expand their trusted traveler program known as Pre✓™ to Service members flying out of Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA). Service members, active drilling Reservists, National Guardsmen, and members of the Coast Guard, who present a valid Common Access Card (CAC) at security checkpoints will receive expedited security screening.

To participate, members must go to the TSA Pre✓™ lane at the security checkpoint in terminal B (gates 10-22), and present their CAC to a TSA officer who will scan the card to verify their status as an active Service member. Once verified, members will not be required to remove their shoes, outerwear, belts, laptops and any small liquid containers from carry-ons when going through security.

Eligible Service members do not need to be on official travel or in uniform to take advantage of TSA Pre✓™. Family members ages 12 and under traveling with an eligible member can also process through expedited screening.

While this program offers expedited screening for Service members, TSA plans to continue applying random and unpredictable screening measures as part of the agency’s layered approach to prevent terrorist from “gaming” the system.

The program is expected to be expanded to members flying out of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and Atlanta-Hartsfield International Airport in the upcoming months.

This concept holds the potential to enhance the travel experience for government travelers. TSA hopes to expand the Pre✓™ program to DoD Service members and DoD civilians at airports across the country in the future.

For more information on TSA’s Pre✓™ program, visit

http://www.tsa.gov/w...do/rbs_dod.shtm.

Deputy Director

Defense Travel Management Office

Guest northshore116

Went through this lane and it was great not having to take out a laptop, take off shoes/jacket. Hopefully more airports do this.

There's always a naysayer

Yeah, when the whole TSA is a SNAFU. Seriously, they trademarked their gay little screening program? "TSA Pre✓™" Are you kidding me? What, are they a ######ing fast food chain or something? Who is going to steal that gay little check mark, and why would a government organization care if they did?

So you and your kid can go thru the fast line, but your spouse cannot. Brilliant.

That was my thought also, but I guess I can see their point, spouses don't get a background check by the military. But then again TSA security is a joke anyways so it doesn't matter.

That was my thought also, but I guess I can see their point, spouses don't get a background check by the military. But then again TSA security is a joke anyways so it doesn't matter.

I could understand a "servicemembers only" policy on those grounds. Just treat the dependents all the same, why is this so hard? I believe there is some subspecies of bureaucrat that lives only to make life more complicated for the average guy/gal. TSA = Thousands Standing Around