Kiowa on the move parody video

Loach

This is a video the pilots in the scout platoon of the company I was in made in 1988 (B Co. 4-229th AAHR) at Ft. Hood, TX during our unit's start-up and reciept of the AH-64 Apache. It's a parody of the "Apache on the Move" video made by MD to tell the world how awesome the Apache was back then (and it really is, but after a while it got tiring to always hear about the Apache -- I mean the OH-5.8 had been around since the late 60's)!

To really understand the parody, you should watch the actual "Apache on the Move" video, if you have time (about 10 mins). Here's the link:

As far as the OH-58 Parody (called "Kiowa on the Move"), it's here, and is also about 10 minutes long:

Enjoy.

PS: for anyone who was at Ft Rucker in the mid-to late 80's, the helicopter we had at Ft. Hood and that was used in the video was tail #353 -- the same one that was on the postcards sold in the PX at Ft. Rucker (the OH-58 with the orange paint and white letters).

• Upvote 3

"...and at Nap of the Earth altitudes, return to the last known point many times"

"It can fly 100 nm with a 10 knot tail wind and land with a 2 minute fuel reserve"

There are many funny lines to the parody, but these two were the best for me. Trying to figure out where I was with absolutely no excess fuel. Those were the days...

Kuma