AEF Restructure

HU&W

"For most Airmen, the differences will be minimal," Long said.

Ha Ha Ha...I can only laugh, because I don't know how to cry using only letters.

"Most Airmen's deployments will remain at six-month rotations and we are looking to posture the Air Force at a 1:2 deploy-to-dwell ratio," Long said.

So long and more often... Awesome!

"For most Airmen, the differences will be minimal," Long said.

Ha Ha Ha...I can only laugh, because I don't know how to cry using only letters.

"Most Airmen's deployments will remain at six-month rotations and we are looking to posture the Air Force at a 1:2 deploy-to-dwell ratio," Long said.

So long and more often... Awesome!

1:2 deploy-to-dwell would be nice reduction in deployments by half for some of us...

• Upvote 1

How could they possibly screw this up?

They aren't going to screw this up....we have the "best and brightest" making and executing these plans. I have confidence in this new predictable plan (plan #4 in my short time: Composite Wings, AEF, Modified AEF, this one). It is going to be perfect this time! I'm betting none of the airlift/spec ops units will fall into this dwell plan. It will just be shoes deploying once every 18 months, changing rules every time so they leave a mark. Sounds familiar, except instead of 120 day deployments, it is 180. I remember when it was 90 (old man voice "back in my day." Up next: 365s standard for all my friends!

Remember, the boss (CSAF) said he'd rather have a smaller, better force than a larger hollow force. Lets see how long the best and brightest of "Generation Me" are willing to put up with it....Good thing these wars are ending soon....

Good luck! We're all counting on you!

I'd like to know when was the last time the people who are designing these plans deployed...

Patton.jpg

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by deploying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard deploy for his country.

What's an AEF? (Sarcasm...I've never been part of an AEF cycle and odds are good I never will be.)

It is always fun to watch 3 separate AEF rotations during my six months at the Deid. One in place when I get there, one rotation at the two month point, and another rotation just before I go home.