Soldier impersonators target women in web scams

ClearedHot

Soldier impersonators target women in web scams

Happened to a very close friend two years ago as he was finishing up command downrange. His name was in the papers which led to a scammer stealing and using his identity to solicit money from women around the country. More egregious than the stolen valor issues just don't know if it is receiving any extra attention from law enforcement/legislators.

Because many scams originate in foreign countries, military officials can do little except offer advice about the scams and direct victims to agencies such as the Federal Trade Commission.

You'd think High Prince Staff Sgt. Bob Nigerian would be a dead giveaway. Seriously though, that sucks for those this has happened to.

This actually happened to me. But the guy used a picture where one of the victims zoomed in on the nametag and saw my real name...and contacted me. There were about 3 profiles with my pictures (many pictures) and the dude was using the profile to pick up lonely girls. Its sad, one was devestated and I think actually sent money, but I dont know for sure about that part.

This actually happened to me. But the guy used a picture where one of the victims zoomed in on the nametag and saw my real name...and contacted me. There were about 3 profiles with my pictures (many pictures) and the dude was using the profile to pick up lonely girls. Its sad, one was devestated and I think actually sent money, but I dont know for sure about that part.

Holy cow- the guy must've been REALLY desperate if he used your pics. That or he was into the fat chicks. I'm just sayin'...

• Upvote 1