Wright-Patt Housing

Guest Falco

My girlfriend is going to PCS to Wright-Patt in about two weeks and is looking for a nice neighborhood to find an apartment, and/or for the place that a lot of the junior officers live. If anybody has any insight, whether you have been stationed there before or if you are there now. Thanks.

Beavercreek is a nice area. Fairborn has some nice areas (like Rona Hills), but there are also a few trailer parks around. Getting further from the base, Centerville is fairly upscale.

I couldn't comment on the number of junior officers in any of those areas...I grew up there as an Air Force brat. Dad retired from there, so that's where we stayed. I personally lived in Fairborn, right outside the main gate near the commisary.

Hope that helps.

Keep in mind the OPSEC consequences of detailing where concentrations of officers live when posting replies to this query.

Dude, come on...really?

As for where to live, I grew up in that area before leaving for UPT so I have an opinion on where to live and where not live. PM me if you want specifics.

Dude, come on...really?

As for where to live, I grew up in that area before leaving for UPT so I have an opinion on where to live and where not live. PM me if you want specifics.

You're right; fuck it! Everybody at WP should just post up their recall rosters so he can get an idea of all the really cool neighborhoods.

• Downvote 5

Beavercreek is probably your best total option.

1. Its very easy throughout the whole city of Beavercreek to Access 675 which takes you directly into both Areas of the base. If you lived in kettering or certain parts of Fairborn you'll find yourself doing the stoplight shuffle every morning during the commute.

2. The Greene is kinda the place to be on a Friday night and its located in Beavercreek. Its one of those big out door store front shopping centers that have kinda started replacing traditional malls. Thats not to say the Oregon district in Dayton isnt nice its just not nearly as upscale and there isnt as much going on there as far as shopping/dinner/drinking.

3. Beavercreek is still cheaper than Centerville and a heck of a lot closer (15-20 min depending on where you live in town).

As far as places to avoid, certain areas of Fairborn are pretty trailer. They dont call it Fairtucky for nothing. And other areas are mostly college student oriented due to Wright State so you have to deal with that. Stay away from Riverside if you want to keep your stuff, its sorta the shit area between Fairborn and Dayton proper. Bellbrook and Xenia are kinda out in the middle of nowhere and there isnt anything in either city nicer than a Super Walmart.

Never thought Id pimp my home town on a forum as the place to live, but when it comes to the Dayton Ohio Area Id go with it over anything else. My folks still live there. If you've got any other questions about the place just ask.