Air Force 2 Ground Incident

flyguy2181

WASHINGTON (AFP) – US Vice President Joe Biden's official plane has flipped a small aircraft while taking off in an accident that caused no injuries, the US Air Force has said.

The official plane, dubbed Air Force Two, was carrying Biden and his wife Jill as it taxied for take-off from West Hampton airport in New York state, some 120 kilometers (75 miles) east of New York.

"The 757's engine wash lifted the Piper Cub aircraft that was tethered down in an adjacent parking area, causing damage to the Piper Cub's left wing," an Air Force statement said.

"The Vice President of the United States was on board the aircraft, there were no injuries and the Piper Cub was unoccupied.

The Boeing C-32, a special version of the popular 757, was carrying the Bidens back to Washington after a two-week vacation with friends in the Hamptons, a popular summer spot for wealthy New Yorkers in eastern Long Island.

The exhaust from my car could lift a piper cub...

Wouldn't that be a airfield management problem?

Not really. More like the SAM support crew and the two guys driving the 757.

The plane was unoccupied. For me, that's kinda of a big clue for me personally. I wonder if the decison on parking and departing for a photo op took priority over common sense regarding jetblast issues.

Then again, taking a 757 instead of a Gulfstream from Andrews to Long Island smacks of "who has the biggest toy" for Biden as he visited the rich liberals summering at the Hamptons.

Pass the Pate and $3 Billion of "feel good" legislation :bash:

Edited by airlineflunky
  • Downvote 1

Then again, taking a 757 instead of a Gulfstream from Andrews to Long Island smacks of "who has the biggest toy" for Biden

Dunno whether the 89th, WHMO, or Biden himself decides which airplane he uses for short trips... but I've seen the C-32 as AF2 to go ADW-DOV-ADW.