Russian Spy Story

afnav

I was a little off on my prediction on how long they would be held before they were swapped back. I said a month. It looks like it will be less than two weeks.

A Russian named Igor Sutyagin is coming over to the US, and part of his trouble was in co-writing a book I bought on Russian strategic nuclear forces. It's a very interesting read if you can get through 700+ pages of technical writing.

I was a little off on my prediction on how long they would be held before they were swapped back. I said a month. It looks like it will be less than two weeks.

A Russian named Igor Sutyagin is coming over to the US, and part of his trouble was in co-writing a book I bought on Russian strategic nuclear forces. It's a very interesting read if you can get through 700+ pages of technical writing.

Does his book have a title?

Am I the only one who finds the media's shock over this very naive? Their response has essentially been, "How can there be Russian spies in the US...Obama and Medvedev just had cheeseburgers together!"

Edited by PapaJu

After living pretty comfortably here in the US on Russia's dime for the last decade or two, what sort of 'pension' do you think outed spies get back in the Motherland? Somehow I'm not seeing a nice cushy job with lots of foreign travel...

post-1551-127882284436_thumb.jpg

Edited by MKopack
  • Upvote 1

Any country that sends spies to work must be very careful about how they treat them when they're done. Your recruiting effort will be hurt if it gets out you threw them away.

These people will be set up in a comfortable, yet modest lifestyle and used as instructors for the next wave(s).