New Mil Aviation Magazine Coming Out

Helitac

Hey All,

Just a heads up for everyone here that in September we are launching a brand new military aviation industry publication. Wont give away too much other than to say we will be giving away a bunch of freebie subs to members of BaseOps :D

Have attached below the launch issue cover and would welcome your input on what you think we should include in each issue. Remember it covers ALL areas of military aviation from fighters, to maritime, to transport, UAVs etc so feel free to comment away.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ned

post-2398-1242787311_thumb.jpg

Guest AirForceZip

Freebies? I'll take 10. :rock:

I'd like to see a close, concise look at 21st century Air Force: platforms, missions, number of, etc. Al lot has changed in the past decade, I'd just like to know more about what is available to future pilot hopefuls.

I second the UAV suggestion - as "un-fun" as they're perceived, they still will play a huge role in future military aviation. It would be interesting to learn more about their FTU. The picture you posted reminds me - I'd like to hear more about Tac Air's Su-27’s once they get them up and flying and participating in formal training exercises.

Guest Fuse
I'd like to see some personal historical accounts of combat engagements, emergencies, and that sort of thing.

I second this. There's something about hearing/reading a story about a situation from the person who lived it that can't be translated secondhand.

I'm interested...

Guest Cap-10
Undesireable as they are, I think it'd be unwise to launch a international military aviation magazine and ignore the fastest growing part of the industry.

I'd like to see some personal historical accounts of combat engagements, emergencies, and that sort of thing. I admit I actually read some of the cheesy Air Force safety magazines and enjoy many of the personal accounts of some pretty exciting events. I imagine there would plenty of them from different militaries around the world.

Not to take away from the new magzine, but with regards to the "personal histortical accounts of combat engagements..." there is a book called 'Debrief: A Complete Histroy of U.S. Aeriel Engagements 1981 to Present' written by Craig "Quizmo" Brown. Each engagement is it's own 6-9 pages, told by the Pilots/WSO's who were doing the flying....it's not Quizmo's recollection of how the story was told to him.

Oh yeah, the forward is done by Robin Olds!!!

Cheers,

Cap-10 :flag_waving:

Guest AirForceZip
Not to take away from the new magzine, but with regards to the "personal histortical accounts of combat engagements..." there is a book called 'Debrief: A Complete Histroy of U.S. Aeriel Engagements 1981 to Present'

Thanks for the post. I just went out and got it from the library.