Online Logbooks

guest76

I want to start using an online logbook. I have heard of many people keeping their logbook on Excel, but I like the redundancy of the internet. Does anyone currently use an online logbook or have a recommendation about which one to use?

Guest flyguy
I've started using Flightlogg.in. It's free, allows for mass entries and edits, and does have some cool things like plots all your routes on Google Maps and tells you when you meet mins for various civilian certs or currency reminders.

I use Jeppessen Flightlog...not sure if they still make it but have been using it for 10 years and it works wonders. Very helpful for sorting times for interviews, reports, etc...highly recommend

I'll also put my vote in for Logbook Pro. Well worth the $69 or whatever is costs now. I've been using it for about 5 years and never had an issue. Obviously, as with any electronic logbook, you should back it up with a written log especially since many civilian carriers still like to see your paper logbook at interviews.

since many civilian carriers still like to see your paper logbook at interviews.

Unless you have a really significant amount of civilian time, such as being a former Part 121 pilot, then most airlines will only want to see your AFORMS printout.

I keep both the electronic logbook and a sportys log book. The nice thing is you can print a very nice logbook from the logbook pro, most people who have civilian time print out the product and bind it in a nice binder. The interview guys seem to like this neat product, and prefer the neatness. Most folks go this route and take their hard copy logbooks with them in case the interviewers ask for the original, but most don't. I have a ton of civilian time and log it and my military time in logbook pro. I just keep a copy of the logbook pro on a couple thumb drives for safety in case my computer crashes.

Edited by Pittsdriver

Maybe I'm cheap or lazy or both, but I just made up an Excel spreadsheet. I've got it set up to where I can see my total times, and another page for time in each type. Granted, that's only three different places and I've only got like ninety-odd hours, but it's easy. That's on top of my Jeppessen hard copy.

• 1 year later...

Thread revival...

Curious if anyone is using a stand alone (i.e. not online) electronic log book. I have a spreadsheet I made up, rather simplistic but it's been a pain. I rather download somthing and just enter stuff if that makes sense.

Free/Cheap/I don't really care, just curious on folks opinions.

Thread revival...

Curious if anyone is using a stand alone (i.e. not online) electronic log book. I have a spreadsheet I made up, rather simplistic but it's been a pain. I rather download somthing and just enter stuff if that makes sense.

Free/Cheap/I don't really care, just curious on folks opinions.

Airline Pilot Central has a good selection of spreadsheets; one is mil specific.