F-16 Down at Luke

HossHarris

He was out of the 180th FW which is right down the street for me. I read this story yesterday before they released his info but the possibility of him being a local guy didn't even cross my mind. This is actually the second pilot death in less than a year for the 180th. Last summer Maj Sonnenberg crashed after takeoff in Iraq from what the investigation said was disorientation at night.

:flag_waving::salut::flag_waving:

Edited by rotc_pilot

Guest 135Contrails

Dave and I were in the same Squadron at AMS. Great guy. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. Godspeed Dave...RIP brother. :salut::beer::beer:

Guest 808Eagle

Dave Mitchell was a dear friend. We (the Phantoms of F SQ) salute you brother. You will surely be missed by us all. A special prayer to your family Dave.

:salut::beer::salut::beer::salut:

Had a very nice memorial service here today for Dave. Didn't know him personally, but from what I've learned about him, he was a great dude who is sorely missed. Please keep his family in your prayers, especially his wife; she is 5ish months pregnant with their 1st child.

:flag_waving::salut::flag_waving:

If anyone wants info on how they can donate to the family, send me a PM.

I received PMs from several of you, so I thought I'd just post the donation information in the main forum.

From the bulletin from the service yestereday:

"Non tax-deductible gifts can be made directly to the Mitchell Family by dropping payments off at any Credit Union West branch for deposit into the Mitchell Family Memorial Fund."

Here's the info on Credit Union West:

http://www.creditunionwest.org/

I've had several members of baseops members contact me about donating. I talked to the Credit Union today to find out ways for baseops-ers to donate since few of you actually live in Phoenix, and there's 2 methods you can use.

1) Check - make the check out to Credit Union West and put in the memo line "Mitchell Memorial Fund." You might also include a letter stating that the check is for the memorial fund. Then send the check to

Credit Union West

Mitchell Memorial Fund

PO Box 7600

Glendale, AZ 85312

2) Call your bank and send the money via wire transfer. CUW's routing number is 322172153. If you do this, please call Melinda at (602)631-3482 and let her know (she works at CUW, obviously) and she will make sure the money gets deposited into the memorial account.

Any more questions, send me a PM.

:flag_waving:

Guest bravodelta79

Damn. I talked with him in 2006 when I was first applying to the ANG. Super nice and helpful guy. He'll be missed.

RIP Dave

• 3 months later...