Favorite Beer

Beaver

Guest FlyinTiger
What about turbodog? That stuff isn't too bad, and you can get it pretty easy up here in MO.

Oh yeah, Turbodog's the shit too. To be honest, i like all of the Abita brews. You can take a tour of the brewery down in Abita Springs, and get a bunch of samples, guaranteed to leave you stumbling out.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone try this stuff yet? I picked up a pack of the Imperial White and the Double Bock the other day. It's kind of expensive at 10 bones for a 4 pack, but it's some of the tastiest beer I've had since leaving Europe.

Anyone try this stuff yet? I picked up a pack of the Imperial White and the Double Bock the other day. It's kind of expensive at 10 bones for a 4 pack, but it's some of the tastiest beer I've had since leaving Europe.

I like this series a lot, but unfortunately it is expensive. The Imperial White is my favorite of the three, followed closely by the stout, and then the double bock (which is still very tasty). Depending on what state you are in, you may or may not be able to get it, which sucks. For those of you who enjoy beer in general (which we all do right?) or just like to try as many different beers as you can, it is definitely worth trying. It's not a sort of beer where you will be introduced to a new taste or style, but they are beer styles we all love with a very robust taste and higher alcohol content (10.5% or better if I remember right).

Cheers and enjoy (from one of the last few big, US-owned breweries)!

I'm enjoying a bottle of Sierra Nevada Torpedo extra IPA at the moment, and as a beer snob I have to say it's pretty damn good. Also, to whoever recommended Sol, I respectfully disagree.

I like Dogfish Head's 90 and 120 minute IPAa over virtually every other super-hopped IPA on the market. Unfortunately, the stuff is somewhat over-priced.

I grew up in the Midwest, so I was always a big Busch Light fan, or anything AB actually, but I can honestly say that I haven't had a single product of theirs since the buyout. I would have to say that my favorites are:

Flying Dog Double Pale Ale, it's 10.5% and will F@#$ you up in a hurry.

Anything made by Boulevard

I also like Bartram's AH-64 Special, it is brewed by a guy just down the road from my village in the UK. He brewed it for the RAF Apache squadron for their return from OEF. It is great, but hard to find.

Guess I outta put down the Stella... Anyone like Pilsner Urquell? I wasn't much of a fan but a good friend of mine swore by it and Grolsch.

Oh and Terrapin sucks! I don't think anyone listed it but damn they have some nasty brews.

Pilsner Urquell is one of my favorites.

Macro:

Anything Free

Micro:

Spotted Cow (If you are ever in Wisconsin)

Bell's Oberon...anyone heard of it?

Delicious. Bells is top notch.

ABSOLUTELY! Anything brewed by Goose Island is GREAT! Just thinking about it makes me miss home. That and Leinie's. Get me out of the beer hell known as Oklahoma. Any state that restricts beer to 3.2% just 'aint right!

ABSOLUTELY! Anything brewed by Goose Island is GREAT! Just thinking about it makes me miss home. That and Leinie's. Get me out of the beer hell known as Oklahoma. Any state that restricts beer to 3.2% just 'aint right!

snizz,

Let me know if I can send any your way. Leinie's is a great backup.

Andechser Doppelbock Dunkel

It is a crime that it took until the 5th page for this beer to got listed. It has been scientifically and spiritually proven to be the best beer ever made. You can't get better than beer brewed by a monk, they have God helping them.

After Andechs, the Augustiner in Salzburg is a close second (the Munich version is not nearly as good).

You should only go to Hofbrauhaus House if you still live in a frat house.

Guest spottsar

Jefferson's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout...

also, gotta give kudos to Yuenling... not the best, close to the cheapest, and wins the happy medium competition every time

In general Hefes...two of my favorites:

Erdinger and Franziskaner

Erdinger is outstanding. We would survive on it when doing VP ops in Sarajevo. No Gen Ord 1 in Bosnia which was a welcome trip after 12 months of it in Kosovo. :beer:

• 5 months later...

Who else besides Dupe brews their own beer? I just bought a starter kit from Midwest Supply and brewed my first batch this evening. Now I just have to wait a month to see how it turned out. Theoretically it should be an Irish Red.

I'm interested in more resources and gouge if anyone has experience.

Jefferson's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout...

also, gotta give kudos to Yuenling... not the best, close to the cheapest, and wins the happy medium competition every time

If you're ever in China, Yuengling is literally cheaper than water. We used to buy 750 mL bottles for something like 50 cents, go back to our hostel to get blitzed, and then stumble around eating crawfish and letting chinese girls take pictures of our beards.

For the elitist happy medium beer, however, I say you can't beat almost anything by Sierra Nevada. Quality craft beer taste, relatively reasonable prices, high alcohol content almost always.

Who else besides Dupe brews their own beer? I just bought a starter kit from Midwest Supply and brewed my first batch this evening. Now I just have to wait a month to see how it turned out. Theoretically it should be an Irish Red.

I'm interested in more resources and gouge if anyone has experience.

I have done a batch of home brew. I got my kit from William's brewery and I used their honey wheat. It turned out surprisingly well and I plan doing many more once I finish my PCS. I haven't used this message board but I have heard it has a lot of great information; www.homebrewtalk.com.