Moral (Legal) Waivers

Guest ryan77

Guest Jpilot

ghostfighter-

You're ok for ROTC, just be sure to tell the det cadre your whole story. Be honest and things should work out for you, (Barring a PAS who's had his wrist slapped one two many times as a child).

As far as sealing it- if you seriously just slapped someone on the wrist, I would leave it open in order to back your story up. By sealing the case, it might seem like you've got something to hide.

Jp-

Guest ghostfighter

Alright, here is the story, and although it is funny, it was/is a major headache that cost me about two grand.

This is strait from the police report:

"Synopsis: This is a report of battery. The suspect struck the victim's hand. There were no visible injuries. Refered to SAO."

Basically I got in an arguement with the mailman (federal employee). On a saturday I was at my parents house to take them to the port because they were going on a cruise. I had my dogs with me,two big labs. I was vacuuming my car and the backyard gate was open. the mailman was delivering mail and walked towards my house and my dogs went to meet him. I caught them agout 30 to 40 feet in away from the mailman and called them back, they came, I apologized about my dogs and brought them to the back yard. I told my father the mailman was here and may not have picked up the mail because of the dogs. (This mail was important to get out before he left he owns his own company and needed to pay acounts payable). The mailmand did in fact not pick up the mail. So my dad walked down the street to hand deliver it to him. For God knows what reason the mailman would not take the mail and said that we had dogs out and he does not have to take it. He was just being an #$^*$ My dad came back and told me this and it just sent me into a rage that someone could be such a piece of sh&%. So I walked down the street to where he was and confronted him about it. Told him it was his responsibility to pick it up etc we then went into threats of fighting and he raised his hands into the guard position like your going to fight and he had mail in a closed fist. I tried to remove the mail and it brought his hands down. Eventually I just walked away after threatening him and went back to my parents house. On my walk back I realized that messing with the mail was a felony and that if this guy calls the cops he could really start some trouble for me plus I should of just contacted his supervisor and deal with it that way. So I got in my car and drove back down to where he was to apologize and he ran inside his car scared and locked the doors I apologized through the window and he told me he called the cops. The came and took a statement but did not arrest me. But because it was a federal employee they dont let things slide. I got a battery charge had to pay a grand for an attorney 6 months probation $50 a month, 25 hours community service, take and pay for an 8 hour anger management class, write an apology letter, and pay court costs. my probation ends in december for an incident in on January 7th so I am still on probation. All in all if I was crazy this guy would be on my to kill list.

so there is your story, one other question should I wait until my probation is over to apply. I only had three months active probation where I had to go to something the rest is just paying money.

ps was in a hurry I am not rereading for accuracy or errors might do it later and edit

Damn, what a total douche nozzle. Did you ever call the guy's sup and tell him the deal...hopefully that POS at least got fired, but something tells me the bullshit US legal system once again did absolutely nothing good. Dude, you should be fine...it's obvious this whole incident was merely a disagreement and you didn't even hit the dude, you just brushed his hand or whatever. You didn't beat him, you didn't try, end of story. You'll be good to go...but don't seal it, like others said, makes it look like you really have something to hide - in this case I wouldn't hide any of this, all it demonstrates is what a fag this post office douche was.

If you ever get a horrible case of the runs, at least you know whose car to shart all over now....

that's hilarious.

I know someone that had class A assault charge (when he was 18) and he got it waived (among other things... His nickname is Form 35) He is 23 now and was able to prove that it was all in his past, etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I want a drop a not so funny one from my 19th year of life.

My friend stole 6-8 sliding letters (about 4 cents a piece) from the flashing yellow signs that you will see across the south from a Subway sandwich place. Well the cops showed up while we were all swimming in the pool.

I was asked about the letters, I gave them to the cop, and denied that I had stole it. I was CUFFED, read my rights and taken to jail in birkenstocks, a wet swimsuit and a polo. I sat in holding for about four hours in the middle of the night.

I was convicted of theft by recieving, paid a $600 fine and paid probation. I received my clearance later, and had a lot of fun explaining that story in my interview. I got the slot though.

• 3 years later...

No.

Geez, if childhood pranks like this disqualified people from flying, there wouldn't be many people left in the Air Force!

Hell, one of my first supervisors when I was enlisted had two DWIs, and was still in (this being the early 1980s).

That said, there was a dumbass in my AFROTC det that got kicked out for stealing Christmas trees; but he was an adult, in AFROTC and drunk at the time, and ATC (now AETC) was and still is pretty strict about such things.

The rule of thumb for most everything is just be honest and accept the consequences, but in the case it is doubtful there will be any.

Cheers! M2

• 5 years later...

What are the odds NGB would disapprove a cat 2 moral waiver for drugs after the wing and state TAG has already approved it at their level?  

My recruiter believes NGB is a sure thing since TAG has already signed off, but other folks in the squadron are quite a bit less confident.

I realize no one on here can say they are 69% certain NGB will approve my waiver because it is case-by-case, but any insight/shared experiences/opinions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by thedude
grammar