Baseops Forums

Hi all,

Thought I'd create a separate thread from the AD UFT one.  Anyone else reapplying/applying to the active duty civilian boards for active duty Air Force (not Reserve)?  Curious if anyone else has had any success getting a UPT slot this route.

As a quick lesson learned from the last board don't let your recruiter force you to put any job on your sheet other than pilot.  My recruiter(s) made me believe it was required to put alternate jobs beside pilot (put CSO as the 2nd choice just to get pushed through).  Turns out that is not true and is absolutely not required.  If your recruiter tells you this is required just move on and call a different one don't make my mistake.  

Edited by tarheelaviator
tags
  • Upvote 2

I'm applying for the one in August. Missed the deadline on the January deadline by a hair, sadly.

And thanks for that tip! Where'd you hear that you didn't have to do that?

16 hours ago, admdelta said:

I'm applying for the one in August. Missed the deadline on the January deadline by a hair, sadly.

And thanks for that tip! Where'd you hear that you didn't have to do that?

Every other recruiter I spoke with other than the one I used the last time stated you are under no obligation to put any jobs other than the ones you want.  Also have a friend at the Pentagon in the USAF A1 who seems to confirm this.  The whole if you turn down a previous non-pilot offer to try again for pilot it will hurt your chances isn't really true either.  Bottom line don't let your recruiter(s) scare you into taking a job you don't want.