Baseops Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adamw412

No Specific Age Limit for RPA Pilots

In case anyone was wondering, there is no specific age limit for entry Undergraduate Remotely Piloted Aircraft Training (URT). Based on a few changes recently, according to AFI 36-2105, Chapter 3, paragraph 3.1.1 spells out the age restrictions for persons seeking to enter UPT. Paragraph 3.1.1.3 adds an exception for URT candidates. "3.1.1.3. Exception for Undergraduate Remotely Piloted Aircraft Training: must meet maximum age for appointment in the various grades as specified in AFI 36-2005, Appointment in Commissioned Grades and Designation and Assignment in Professional Categories – Reserve of the Air Force and United States Air Force." Heading over to AFI 36-2005 tells us in paragraph 2.6.1 says, "2.6.1. To be eligible for an original appointment the applicant must be at least 18 years of age and not reached his/her 40th birthday. (T-1) Note: AFRS/RSO, AF/RE, and NGB/A1Y may further restrict the maximum age based on needs of the component." 2.6.2 again spells out the age restriction for UFT, but adds a clause at the end of the paragraph, "(Exception: The 30th birthday restriction does not apply to ARC Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) applicants.) (T-1)" 

I thought I'd share some maybe common knowledge info because I was under the impression for a long time that 30 years of age was the cutoff period. Since I am 34, I was happy to stumble across this information. 

Edited by Adamw412

I'm 32 and going back to get my bachelors and become and RPA.

So this makes me glad also as I'm nearing the cut off age to commission also