TDY - Golf Club on flight?

ForgotPassword

Anyone tried checking a hard-sided golf clubs case as luggage when travelling TDY on commercial flight? Going to Hawaii and am curious.

I've checked my golf clubs on a couple TDYs with no problem. Alaska Airlines allows 5 bags with no overweight bag fee for military on orders (most airlines have similar policies).

For golf on Oahu, highly recommend Ko Olina, Koolau, and Kapolei Golf Clubs. All are sweet courses that give military the kama'aina rates- for Ko Olina the tourist rate is $199 and the kama'aina rate is $85. Pretty awesome.

Second on Ko Olina, always my favorite place to stay on O'ahu (sorry, but Waikiki is just too fucking crowded!) and I'll be heading back there in a few months...

And no problems checking in golf clubs, you just can't carry them on the aircraft.

I'm not a golfer but just finished reading a book called Loopers by John Dunn. Its about his life as a caddy on a variety of courses including Augusta and St. Andrews. Entertaining and funny read from a guy who loves golf.