Spammers

M2

For some reasons the spammers are getting through again. I've deleted two Viagro threads in the past two days. I've been suspending their accounts for 1000 days, as I am not sure how or if I can delete them. If I can, could someone please instruct me how; otherwise 'scieshyInseno' needs to be deleted.

Cheers! M2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Yeah, two snuck through. I deleted the links from both posts, and ddddyyyy and wickedrobert need to be deleted by an Admin.

I think the latter is a spammer as well, as if he really had a question about H1N1 masks, he would have not posted it in the 'What Are My Chances?' section.

Thanks for catching them and letting us know!

Cheers! M2

I think the latter is a spammer as well, as if he really had a question about H1N1 masks, he would have not posted it in the 'What Are My Chances?' section.

'He'? It is a piece of computer software posting these messages; it is not a real person.

'He'? It is a piece of computer software posting these messages; it is not a real person.

They're removed, but do you think so? Now they have the ability to respond to posts (not just a quote, but using the original poster's name) with their info?

They're removed, but do you think so? Now they have the ability to respond to posts (not just a quote, but using the original poster's name) with their info?

Yeah, I would be impressed if the spambots have adapted themselves to that level of sophistication!

Or does Steve know something we don't?!? :nob:

Cheers! M2

That I did not realise. So, no, probably not a spam bot :bash: .

M2, my apologies for insulting your knowledge of the interweb.

That I did not realise. So, no, probably not a spam bot :bash: .

M2, my apologies for insulting your knowledge of the interweb.

You mean Al Gore's internets. Give credit where credit is due.