Gun Talk

VL-16

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

minus gloves it will tear your hand up.  

Got to roughen those delicate hands up. It’s either comfortable shooting or continuing to go through 69 oz of Jergens a week…your call!

CH in retirement…

IMG_0391.jpeg.8245a52981046398924aef1d306dfee2.jpeg

Edited by brabus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, brabus said:

Got to roughen those delicate hands up. It’s either comfortable shooting or continuing to go through 69 oz of Jergens a week…your call!

CH in retirement…

IMG_0391.jpeg.8245a52981046398924aef1d306dfee2.jpeg

How did you know I was a lefty?

5 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Running a mix of slug and Double 00 Buckshot. 

That's the golden ticket!   

21 hours ago, Biff_T said:

That's the golden ticket!   

Back to a more adult conversation which I obviously struggle with at times. While I certainly like shotguns, I personally prefer my trusty Glock 19. I seem to shoot it better than any handgun I've ever owned. Certainly, preferable to the 92. I know a lot of SOCOM types have carried the Glock 19 since at least 2013 which says a lot.

• Upvote 1

Glocks are great guns - simple, accurate and dependable as fuck. Their only crime is bland looks, but I don’t give a shit about that, especially on “purpose-driven” guns. Range toys are for fucking around with fancy shit.

And if you can’t stand stock, a trigger, sights, barrels, springs, etc. are not expensive, easy to find, and easy to replace. I had a buddy give me shit once because I “had to” replace the trigger on my glocks, so that’s why they suck. Even with that and a aftermarket barrel on that particular Glock, I was still less money in than his malfunction trainer…I mean Kimber.

Edited by brabus
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, brabus said:

Glocks are great guns - simple, accurate and dependable as fuck. Their only crime is bland looks, but I don’t give a shit about that, especially on “purpose-driven” guns. Range toys are for fucking around with fancy shit.

And if you can’t stand stock, a trigger, sights, barrels, springs, etc. are not expensive, easy to find, and easy to replace. I had a buddy give me shit once because I “had to” replace the trigger on my glocks, so that’s why they suck. Even with that and a aftermarket barrel on that particular Glock, I was still less money in than his malfunction trainer…I mean Kimber.

I put on Ameriglo night sights. Way better than stock. I can lay it on a nightstand with a surefire next to it and even in the dark I can easily find both from the glowing dots of the rear sight. Still way less than a Kimber😁 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brabus said:

I never understood the obsession with 1911s. They are gorgeous, and I have one, but every time someone tells me they carry one I have to question their thought process. Ancient tech, low capacity, and a super light trigger pull. Just doesn't make sense to me for most realistic use scenarios.

They are thin, so I guess that counts for something, but it's not like it's a small gun.

Glocks are fucking hideous, and I don't love the grips, but it's a phenomenal weapon for actual use.

Edit: Obviously I'm assuming your friend is using a Kimber 1911.. That's all I ever see from them.

Edited by Lord Ratner
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:

I don't love the grips,

Have you tried talon grips? I put the rubber version on mine and really like them. Cheap and easy to install. No issue against bare skin when IWB carrying.

26 minutes ago, brabus said:

Have you tried talon grips? I put the rubber version on mine and really like them. Cheap and easy to install. No issue against bare skin when IWB carrying.

No, I haven't. I'll keep them in mind if I decide to try carrying a Glock, but I've been really happy with the Sig P365X so far.

Though I might just try them on my G17 for the range. Thanks for the tip

6 hours ago, fire4effect said:

I put on Ameriglo night sights. Way better than stock. I can lay it on a nightstand with a surefire next to it and even in the dark I can easily find both from the glowing dots of the rear sight. Still way less than a Kimber😁 

FFDO weapon has the Ameriglo sights. I added those to my personal Glocks since they worked so well.

• Upvote 1