ACIP for ANG and Reservist

Guest tentoad

Guest AirGuardian

"2) Share my email address and this website with any and all persons/units who would benefit from full rate incentive pay. PARTICULARLY DEPLOYED UNITS." Copied from the site tentoad posted...

Understand this issue fully and watched it get shot down every year up at Guard Bureau. We always continue to push this isse as much as we can, especially now with all the Guard/Reserves involved with deployments. Regarding deployments, unless you are on orders for less than 31 days you should be recieving full benefits and incentive pay to include separation pay and whatnot. "Deployed units" are those units which have been activated and are getting the incentive pay (not the bonus, entirely different). You can be deployed on orders, it just depends on the fund site or color of money if you will. The fight will continue, but I doubt we'll see the compensation for the same work we do as our AD counterparts. Hands down unfair :mad: , but then alot of things are - so it's only fair I'm enjoying the good planes/good trips, etc. at least for now. Too good to last for a long period, but it's my incentive right now!!!

Nice post T2

[ 19. March 2005, 23:34: Message edited by: AirGuardian ]

Our shcedulers sent this link out with the weekly schedule. How much can it hurt to write a letter to get an extra $7800 a year? It's gonna be tough, but it is true. I know Active Duty guys who fly once every 4 weeks or so, (not by choice-they are usually holed up in some thankless Wing job) where as our part timers are flying at least once a week, plus the alert tours, and getting 6/30ths of the incentive pay.

I think the point of sending this out o the deployed units was to get them on board for when they come back, and to have every state/unit represented. Sure, they get it all of they are on Title 10 orders longer than 30 days, but when they get redeployed, they are slugging it out like the rest of us.

Originally posted by PAB:

and getting 6/30ths of the incentive pay.

Nag nag. I wish I could get paid leave by my civilian job, and full per diem in addition to the standard HFP and tax exclusion everytime I go to war. Just remember the AD guys are doing it (STS) a lot more often for a lot less money.

Bring on the flames.

HD

[ 20. March 2005, 13:06: Message edited by: HercDriver24 ]

Hey HD,

I have no civilian job and am living in one of the highest cost of living areas in the country. I'm incredibly fortunate to be activated right now and getting a full paycheck, but there are friends of mine who are not. I did my 8 years AD time, I did my over 400 days deployed in the first 3 years as a CMR nav, and now I am in the ANG for the opportunity to be a pilot, to have stability without the frequent PCS moves, to raise my kids in the area I grew up in to be close to the family they have missed out on the last 5 years I spent in Omaha and Enid. I choose to serve. It does help my income (hell, it is my income right now), but I could be making a hell of a lot more money doing something else, and so could my wife.

Like Tentoad mentioned above, I fly at least once a week, am expected to keep the same level of knowledge as my AD counterparts, but when I'm back on part-time status, will only receive a fraction of the pay.

We don't get full per-diem wherever we go, either. We get the same as you. Oh, and by the way, the ARC pay system is so ****ed up, you won't even see your HFP or CZTE until you get back. I just got my last two weeks of pay from Altus (1-15 Oct 04) last week. If anyone is telling you otherwise, they are full of shit.

We are a team, dammit. You can't do your job without us, and we can't do our job without you. As the BRAC approaches, you're gonna see more blended wings, etc.

I'm not trying to belittle your job. You are in a combat zone right now. Godspeed, and I hope you stay safe, but look up and down the ramp at the places you go. Look at the tails of the aircraft. Count how many say ARNG, ANG, AFRC, etc. I am on BRAVO alert right now. When that C-5 or C-17 brings those pallets into theater, they got there because guys like Tentoad and myself are refueling them before they coast out. There is a lot that goes on in the world besides Gulf War II, and people still need to do those jobs as well. Exercises, Noble Eagle, Counterdrug, Pacific Regional Stability, etc. We all spend time away from our families, some of us get shot at, some of us don't. That's not the point. The point is we are all expected to uphold the same standards. It's Aviation Carrer Incentive Pay. Not Active Duty Incentive pay.

Besides, it's not coming from your paycheck, so what the **** do you care?

Dude, you've got my number. You can piss me off with only three lines of text that took me 5 seconds to read. It usually takes my wife at least 5 minutes to piss me off like this.

Guest purplecaddis
Originally posted by HercDriver24:

Nag nag. I wish I could get paid leave by my civilian job, and full per diem in addition to the standard HFP and tax exclusion everytime I go to war. Just remember the AD guys are doing it (STS) a lot more often for a lot less money.

Bring on the flames.

HD

Guest AirGuardian

To further expound on the unknown and unforeseen issues it causes those who are the last lines of defense for this great nation. You don't go back to the AD when you don't have enough, or things get rough.

Communities suffer as well as those who have their own businesses... Plenty have lost not only their own jobs(when their former jobs close) since they were only 2 deep with the expertise in house...

A few friends of mine have lost over $50-100K for the year they were deployed, let alone having to ditch the company entirely and put 15 others out on the street to find substantially less pay when their top leaders were sent away to do the duty they did faithfully. They didn't complain, but they did the job required and better than most!

Guard/Reserve do the same job as Caddis mentioned with the same requirements and if you ever think you're the less cost benefit value, your highly mistaken as you are with other assumptions it seems. $300 mill for an AD base, vs $33 mill on avg for Guard bases not co-located with AD. Close 9 of our bases for every one of you. (Granted my base runs a little higher, but most can do the public math!) No bowling alleys, gyms, bx's, commissaries, auto clubs, family fun centers, libraries, churches, tracks, pools, etc. Figure it out before you think we don't do your same job for 70 sometime as low as 30 cents for every dollar spent on you. You ever shop at Sam's club, join a fitness center on your dime, pay normal everyday prices... Only difference. You're at the whim and on the hook for much shorter range schedules, granted Desert S I proved that wrong as well - since my unit was one of two of the first strats in the box (D Shield). No complaining here, just the facts and proof many should invest the time and effort into researching... When you have the director of the Guard briefing you the same brief to your CSAF, you know the big man's looking for holes...Not sorry at all, we're NOT WRONG!

I'll give you the pick up and move the family all the time issue, maybe not since I was AD as well and if BRAC hits you, you're just re-aligned and sent elsewhere unless the forced out comes back(like in 91) and you will really understand what job security is and how fortunate you have it. Unless you have been on the outside, supporting your family and doing the business venture against real competitors, I doubt you will have any feel for this, maybe you do???

You had better check yourself and if not, look for wing cracks in your no knowledge nonsense. Good luck in theories that you obviously have no experience in.

Originally posted by HercDriver24:

Nag nag. I wish I could get paid leave by my civilian job, and full per diem in addition to the standard HFP and tax exclusion everytime I go to war. [/QB]

Holy Sh*t...you mean all this time my civilian job was supposed to be paying me when I was working for the ANG?!? They must have lost the memo! Could you call my civilian boss and inform him of this great benefit that all of us ANG folks are supposed to have?

Full per diem...take a look at the regs! As has been stated already, we live under the same regs as you. I've only been in the ANG 3 years (but have been TDY 300+ days of that) and I have yet to log a SINGLE DAY of full-rate per diem. Guess my ANG unit lost that memo! Can you call my OG and explain to him that "ANG guys always get full-rate"? If you could clear that up after you set my civilian boss sraight, that would be great.

HD

The next time some new guy stumbles on to this board and starts talking about something about which they have no earthly idea stop and think for a second before you 'roll in hot' on the poor misguided soul. Try to remember this thread, and how stupid you came across to every guard and reserve guy (inlcuding myself) on this board, and most of all how civilized their response was to your obviously uninformed statement was.

Swallow your pride and remember this: even C-130 co-pilots don't know all the answers; I know this because I'm a C-130 co-pilot and I don’t know shit, but I do know when to keep my mouth shut.

GW

[ 21. March 2005, 02:20: Message edited by: GW ]

Guest SnakeT38

Here's my 2 cents based on 26 years of AD, USAFR,

ANG, and IMA duty. The pay and benefit system in place for the Guard and Reserve is THE LAST BASTION of GROSS DISCRIMINATION in this country.

As part of the initial cadre to set up the Assoc T-38 program at Vance AFB back in 1997 I and other TR's routinely flew twice as much as MANY

Wing Staff type AD puke's and still got 1/30 of our ACIP pay for every event. All the AD guy had to do..........be on a physical, didn't even have to turn a wheel! I can go about this subject for YEARS!!!!!!