Special Tactics Officer

Guest ralph

Guest ralph

I know that getting selected to Phase I is tough and Phase II is even harder to pass. But does anyone have any more info on these guys? I'v been to specialtactics.com. How often are they getting deployed? Are the Combat Controllers deployed with the Army and Navy? Thanks for the help.

[ 22. June 2006, 17:34: Message edited by: ralph ]

Guest samsdog

Ralph,

On the AD side, you'll be deployed a lot. No real figures to give you though. CCT's sometimes deploy with the navy (spec ops) but yes to being deployed with the army.

Now, to get better info, you may want to stick with specialtactics.com.

Cheers,

SD

Originally posted by ralph:

How often are they getting deployed? Are the Combat Controllers deployed with the Army and Navy? Thanks for the help.

All the time. Yes. Yes. You're welcome.

Fontus

Try again talking to the guys at specialtactics.com. Most of the people here just see their signatures on a LZ survey.

Guest Hydro130

I would imagine there are many dudes here who have signed LZ/DZ surveys (like me), and dudes on specialtactics.com too...

Oh, but you are talking about AMLOs and whatnot; the cats who actually construct the surveys... OK, fair enough.

Yeah, you are right. No one here has any experience like that.

Hydro

Originally posted by Hydro130:

I would imagine there are many dudes here who have signed LZ/DZ surveys (like me), and dudes on specialtactics.com too...

Oh, but you are talking about AMLOs and whatnot; the cats who actually construct the surveys... OK, fair enough.

Yeah, you are right. No one here has any experience like that.

Hydro

Yeah sorry... trying to make a funny

But I don't know of any STS bubbas on this site... just those of us that work with them.

Great dudes. Great career field if you can get through the training.

Fontus

Guest AirGuardian

If you love the water, they'll make you hate it!!! Not quite the NAVY SEAL sanctuary that it's meant to be...

Taking the PAST is by the far the easiest part of the whole excercise. Making the bare minimums just doesn't cut. Double the required PU's, SU's, PU's and Flutter Kicks as well as maintaining a time score for Swim/Run well below the max will be the first step!

After that, you sit and wait to be selected as a "Possible" Officer Candidate if you're lucky... If/when selected, take a week or so of Sh*t and pray to be picked among the best in the entire AF...

And you haven't even started official training...

Guest ralph

Actually I never said that.Its just good to know what your getting yourself into. Plus I found out you can't go to Phase II unless you go to OTS in another field.

Guest Rainman A-10

OK Ralph. lemme see if I can put this into perspective.

You are too much of a to be part of this community if you are even thinking about their TDY rates.

Only consider STS if you want to have the best chance to go kill bad guys as often as possible.

Oh, and please don't be offended by my bluntness. Feel free to blow me off, I won't care. I'm just giving some advice based on my experience and close friendships with many STS bros. It is not sexy. They go to shitty locations ('cause the bad guys don't live in the Bahamas). They are very close knit and they have an unstated disdain for folks outside the kill chain.

Think carefully and sack up ASAFP if that's the direction you want to go.

Guest SATCOM

STO's are TDY as much as the enlisted they lead. My CC was in OIF the whole time I was in OEF recently. My DO roamed from OEF to OIF and HOA, on CJSOAC missions. STO life is stressful and you better step up or the young CCT's will eat you like smoked jerky.

If you have questions that have NOT already been answered over at www.specialtactics.com feel free to PM me at CAS@usafcct.com and I will not be gentle either. Rainman speaks the ground truth.

[ 24. June 2006, 12:24: Message edited by: SATCOM ]

Guest waxgoblin

its phase 2 training... you can apply your soph or junior year of college, and go to the week long evaluation (phase II) a few months later. If you get selected and accept, then you commission into the STO pipeline.

Guest Leeroy Jenkins

Those STO dudes are the sh!t. They must pack two tents when they deploy, one for them, and another for their balls. I know a dude who got through the whole deal, and it's almost super-human what he is capable of physically and mentally, and that's just from the stories that he can tell me. Wild.

Guest Rainman A-10
Originally posted by Leeroy Jenkins:

They must pack two tents when they deploy, one for them, and another for their balls.

Yeah, right.

WTF makes you visualize something like that?

I know a dude who got through the whole deal, and it's almost super-human what he is capable of physically...

Uh, now you're really scaring me.

• 5 months later...
Guest pcoandgo
Originally posted by Rainman A-10:

Yeah, right.

WTF makes you visualize something like that?

I know a dude who got through the whole deal, and it's almost super-human what he is capable of physically...

Uh, now you're really scaring me.

Originally posted by pcoandgo:

I've heard that type of back-handed compliment in many variations. "Those guys throw their balls over their shoulder", "They carry their balls in a wheelbarrow"

Come on now, pcoandgo. There are people in this world who have only their word and their balls.

2cne7wn.jpg

HD

Guest viper24

well played HerkDerka!

ralph....my bro came in as a CCT and then went PJ...now hes a CRO. PM me if you have questions that you cant get answered and Ill hook ya up.