How to check NOTAMS?

Guest newflyer

Guest newflyer

Anybody know of another way to check NOTAMS besides DINS (notams.jcs.mil)?

I've got my T-1 Nav check tomorrow and DINS has been down since yesterday.

Thanks in advance.

Typical USAF checkride...the kid shows up without NOTAMS because the site is down and they are toast. I know, I know...he/she didn't say they were taken down, but how many of us know of someone in "check section" that would take the poor kid down. Lame...

Guest Rainman A-10

I've been wondering about NOTAMs, too. I keep looking for the reams of paper hanging from the wall in base ops. I can't seem to find them anymore so I just press and hope for the best.

Originally posted by Rainman A-10:

I've been wondering about NOTAMs, too. I keep looking for the reams of paper hanging from the wall in base ops. I can't seem to find them anymore so I just press and hope for the best.

haha -- OLD SCHOOL

Guest newflyer

All turned out OK. I talked to the FSS (800 WXBRIEF), they were pretty useless. But the best was notams.faa.gov, same exact page as the jcs.mil. To add to the pain, the network on base was down, no wx, no ahas/bam, and still no freakin notams. Nothing on checkride morning was business as usual, but it all worked out.

Thanks to all who offered advice/help.

Guest WildBill

1800WXBRIEF useless? I'm not sure what kind of crack is getting dished out in T-1 land, but FSS or duats.com will give you EVERYTHING YOU COULD POSSIBLY WANT I'm quite positive. Of course, you probably have to remember to ask for NOTAM D, L, and FDC NOTAMS if you want them to give ALL of them and not just local ones.

Guest newflyer

It isn't necessarily the service that was useless it was the employees that get ticked when you ask them to do their jobs. A pet peeve of mine anyway. I didn't have time for the full out brief and just wanted an abbreviated brief, especially NOTAMS. Whatever, its over now.

No Vetter, I didn't hook.