RMO (coin) Rules?

Guest viper24

Guest viper24

There is a debate around my parts on what the rules are on dropping a coin on others. My questions...

1) Are there actual rules or is it unit specific rules?

2) Are you allowed to call it a coin or do you have to call it a RMO?

3) If you do drop your coin on someone, does that person have to be from your unit (sts), sq, flt, ect.. or can it be any military member?

4) How long do you have to produce a coin before time expires? Or do you HAVE to have it on your person?

5) If someone doesnt buck up and buy the beer, are there standard punishments to enforce, or do you just get creative?

6) Do AD people actually play this game?

Im tired of everyone F-ing this up and trying to get out of buying the hooch. Thanks for all replys. Next time I catch someone without their coin, Ill one your you all!

[ 02. May 2006, 05:37: Message edited by: Toro ]

Guest Cobalt

It is an RMO and you can call anyone out as long as they are from the same unit (sts) that you are/were from. I'd reserve that stuff for roll calls. Getting called out and not paying makes you a pansy. I've seen a guy refuse to buy the bar a round (ok, it was like 8 people) and he ended up getting endless quantities of S*it for an entire year. Is that worth the $50 bucks? Only you can answer that.

Dead Bug.

Guest ShineR

1. Yes and yes

2. "coin" in general = challenge, RMO = saftey

3. coin dropped = coin challenged. if its a wing coin, they must drop the wing coin if those you are challenging are from your wing, no replacements. some sqs (80th fs) say for example on the coin "you will always be...no matter where you go" therefore that can be dropped against other members at any time. if you shared a random sq years ago, you dont have to drop that coin unless you are back at the sq for some reason. it would be retarded to carry around 10000 coins.

4. depends. if there is time it wouldnt be long enough to leave the room to get it...

5. get creative, make him regret it and they will never forget it again and will prolly buy more rounds to make up for being a dumbass.

6. yes - its not a game, its serious business!

Originally posted by ShineR:

4. depends. if there is time it wouldnt be long enough to leave the room to get it...

I've always heard you have 30 seconds to produce an RMO.

Go out with your FE's enough times and you'll learn to start carrying it

Originally posted by viper24:

1) Are there actual rules or is it unit specific rules?

The rule is, you buy a round if you don't produce the RMO.

Are you allowed to call it a coin or do you have to call it a RMO?
You can call it a coin. Just like you can also said head and box.

If you do drop your coin on someone, does that person have to be from your unit (sts), sq, flt, ect.. or can it be any military member?
No. Any military member who understands and respects the RMO check is fair game. In general, pilots don't RMO check shoe clerks, though.

How long do you have to produce a coin before time expires? Or do you HAVE to have it on your person?
It must be on your person.

If someone doesnt buck up and buy the beer, are there standard punishments to enforce, or do you just get creative?
You call him a fag, tell him he's not one of the bros, and tell him that he can take his Zima and go sit in the corner with all the other weak Sallys who don't want to partake in an (fighter) pilot tradition.

Do AD people actually play this game?
Abso-f***-ing-lutely

Guest lovelacm
Originally posted by HeloDude:

I've always heard you have 30 seconds to produce an RMO.

The time limit is squadron dependent... i.e. I was in the 37th Airlift Squadron and you had 37 seconds to produce your RMO or you'd forfeit.

Some folks play the "rank" game.. i.e. You'd pull out the squadron RMO, but if they could pull out the wing or MAJCOM or some 4 Star's RMO, they'd "trump" you. Yeah.. in my opinion, a POW-MIA RMO trumps all other Chumps' RMOs... trump that.

Originally posted by HeloDude:

Go out with your FE's enough times and you'll learn to start carrying it

Oh, how true, how true! I keep an RMO in my wallet now JUST for these occasions.. During our deployment to the Med (I know.. rough life) during the build-up to OIF, my FE would ALWAYS throw down his RMO in the back of the Herk just as we were all changing out of our bags and into civvies and couldn't reach "ol' standby" in my chest pocket... it only took me twice to catch on and stop buying rounds for the crew.

Here's to good times and silly aircrew games - No matter what bird you're on/in!

Linda

(P.S. Take that in the US or UK meaning! )

Guest viper24

Thanks for the info. Im going to print the rules and make sure everyone knows them. Tired of everyone B&M-ing about the rules.

for the help

I love this tradition!

After landing in a 4-ship, I led them to dept end EOR, went to the SOF freq, checked them in and produced my coin. The SOF, who had SA, keyed the mic, and we could hear him tapping his coin on the SOF desk. Needless to say, I ended up buying the round, since everyone claimed a safety violation, since while digging for their coins, numerous items nearly fell out of their pockets (ear plugs, money, etc..) and FOD'd their cockpits. But it was worth it.

Yeah,

You gotta be careful, nothing worse than getting ready for a pond crossing, stashing all of your shit in the cockpit, getting "comfortable" in your poopie suit and looking down at #4,3, and 2 with their RMOs in the air.

"Damn!" where did I put that thing? If it's still in your flight suit pocket under your poopie suit, you'll be working hard to get to it in time. If it's in your arm pen pocket, you're pretty much screwed.

Yes, RMO check with the poopie suit was standard for Lakenheath. I actually bought a second RMO from the snacko and kept it in my G suit pocket in case I got checked.

The most common place for a check when you're out of uniform is at the bar or at dinner, which will result in a round of drinks at a minimum. However, anywhere is fair game. On a deployment to Spain, a bunch of us went white water rafting. It was spring, so the water was cold and we all had wet suits on. As we were just about to get into the rafts, one of the guys said to wait because he had something stuck in his wet suit bootie. Lo and behold, when he pulled off the bootie, he produced an RMO and drink free for the rest of the night.

My most memorable RMO check was at my wedding. NSTFS - we've just been declared husband and wife and we're walking down the isle and out the church when a coin comes flying out of the pews and into the isle...then another...then another. I fumbled around and managed to produce my coin and throw it into the pile, then walked out with my bride.

Guest Hoser
Originally posted by Toro:

My most memorable RMO check was at my wedding. NSTFS - we've just been declared husband and wife and we're walking down the isle and out the church when a coin comes flying out of the pews and into the isle...then another...then another. I fumbled around and managed to produce my coin and throw it into the pile, then walked out with my bride.

NSTFS, just Toro said. I know, I, along with the other AF in the wedding party, was one of the clowns throwing my RMO into the isle.

Originally posted by F-15E WSO:

I hope you still bought drinks at your reception!

The wedding party initiated the RMO check. Toro had his. He didn't have to buy.

Hoser

Guest Hydro130

The RMO flicked into your (insert deployed location here) trailer-shower stall at oh-dark-thrity just as you are getting all nice, soapy, and clean after that horrid 18-hour mish is a classic as well...

Always keep one in the shower kit!

Hydro