C-21's going bye bye

mmkk111

Looks like we'll be closing down the C-21's at Wright-Patt. It could be as soon as this Sept/Oct timeframe. It's going to be a$$holes and elbows around here for assignments! First assignment guys (like myself) will be going straight to MWS's as opposed to finishing out our 21 tours somewhere else. Scott and Andrews are staying open; I'm not sure what's happening to C-Springs???

C21Cowboy, what's going on over there? This is going to be fun

MK

Guest Hydro130

I'm not a Lear guy and I didn't stay at HIE last night, but this is the last reliable info I saw...

Cheers, Hydro

EDIT: scroll to the top of the linked post for the numbers...

[ 30. March 2006, 16:09: Message edited by: Hydro130 ]

We're staying open @ Pete, however we'll be down to only 3 tails. I think we're only supposed to be manned with 15 pilots. Its about time for me to bug out anyways. I'm glad I took my good deal when I did.

Guest mjk5401

I don't think any final decision has been made, just a lot of rumors and possibilities thrown out there. AETC doesn't want to give up the school house to AMC. Like I said, a lot of talk, but nothing 100% certain yet. I'm no C21 pilot, but I've been in on the loop for the past 6 months.

I'm getting cut short on my good deal, but oh well. I haven't heard anything about Yokota or Ramstein.

It sounds pretty official around our squadron. The CC and DO have us putting in for our assignments and getting ready for the shutdown.

MK

Guest C-21 Pilot

Here at Ramstein,

We're looking to ship our first plane back stateside (don't know where, yet) in the Fall.

I'm just glad that I got 4 yrs and 2100 hours in the plane...

Guest C-21 Pilot

Pcola...

We currently have 13 jets...in which we acquired 4 from Stuttgart (Germany) when that unit closed about 2 yrs ago.

The rumor that has been floated around is to have only 8-9 jets for us still rings true.

You'll probably find out more when your at Dallas.

2100 hours in the 21! Is that a record? :eek: We've got a dude with 1600ish and I thought that was a lot. Good job Nate.

Scott is staying open and the schoolhouse will move from Keesler to Scott.

MK

[ 02. April 2006, 12:10: Message edited by: mmkk111 ]

Anyone have any insight into what AFPC is thinking about doing with the 20 or so first assignment guys like myself out of WPAFB. I don't know what airframe training pipeline can absorb the shock of virtually an entire T-1 class (from all 3 bases) being dropped on them all at once.

Comments, concerns anyone?

Wacky

ps I just want an Osprey, so we shall see how that goes.

Guest C-21 Pilot

Wacky...

I'd suggest to let your CC know ASAP of your intentions...

Mark...what's the scoop on WPAFB?

Originally posted by C-21 Pilot:

Wacky...

I'd suggest to let your CC know ASAP of your intentions...

Mark...what's the scoop on WPAFB?

I pimped him on it a couple months ago and have made the calls to see if it was indeed possible to get a RWQ slot. He knows my intentions and is gathering input from all the other first assignment folks which is quite the task.

The news I heard last night from the mx folks are that we are losing 2 jets in Jul, 3 jets in Aug, 3 more in Sep, then all the jets go away on 30 Sep.

Wacky

C-21,

Wacky filled you in. On a side note, I overheard someone saying Keesler may stay open?

It was fun while it lasted!

P.S. Wacky, I saw your wish list today, good luck on the Osprey! I just want an RC dammit, but so do 4 other guys! We shall see what happens??? AFPC is either going to IMPLODE or we'll all get E-8's!

Originally posted by C21Cowboy:

More like UAVs!! Either that, or everyone will get forced shaped out of the AF.

Hell, as long as you have 1000 PIC your timing couldn't be better! Most of the majors are hiring.

Guest mjk5401

Has there been anyword on the damage amount caused to the 10+ C21s by the Foam System being deployed in Hagar 5 Sunday Night. How would you like to be the guy opening the hangar doors Monday morning to see 20 feet high of Foam.

Has there been anyword on the damage amount caused to the 10+ C21s by the Foam System being deployed in Hagar 5 Sunday Night. How would you like to be the guy opening the hangar doors Monday morning to see 20 feet high of Foam.
When JOSAC told me that Monday morning, I kind of chuckled a little bit.

Guest sprint

It looks like Ellsworth also had some problems with their foam system over the weekend.

Hopefully I posted the link right.

StrategyPage Gallery

The caption explains how they were testing the foam system and it wouldn't shut off.

Guest mjk5401

Those pics look like the Andrews pics except there were about ten C21s in the hangar. Craziness. Its funny, but then you think about the tax dollars wasted because of a **** up.

Originally posted by mmkk111:

C-21,

Wacky filled you in. On a side note, I overheard someone saying Keesler may stay open?

It was fun while it lasted!

P.S. Wacky, I saw your wish list today, good luck on the Osprey! I just want an RC dammit, but so do 4 other guys! We shall see what happens??? AFPC is either going to IMPLODE or we'll all get E-8's!

Did one of you guys seriously put the CV-22 as #1 on your t-odp?

I've heard of some guys here wanting predators next...probably not going to happen though, seeing that us first assignment guys need to go to an MWS next.

It wouldn't be my 1st choice, or 2nd, or 3rd....etc.

LJ-

Yep, Wacky is gunning for the osprey.

Cowboy-

How many guys/gals are getting reassigned over there? Do you know if anybody put RC's as their number one? I'm trying to figure out what my chances of snagging one of those ugly beasts are!

MK

[ 10. April 2006, 22:25: Message edited by: mmkk111 ]

Originally posted by mmkk111:

Cowboy-

How many guys/gals are getting reassigned over there? Do you know if anybody put RC's as their number one? I'm trying to figure out what my chances of snagging one of those ugly beasts are!

MK

Hey now! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...you've gotta dig the new motors and fresh gloss paint!

v5y737.jpg