personal photos of combat

Guest delta

Guest delta

I doubt that it is possible, but can you take personal photos while flying combat missions? I've read that it's ok to take a digital camera while flying other types of sorties, but I'm curios about combat. Can anyone shed some light on when and when not you can take photos while flying.

It's generally a commander policy, which was always 'No' when I flew. Think about it - besides your military ID you can't take a wallet or anything else that would in any way identify you, what you do, or where you're from. If you were downed in hostile territory and they caught you with a camera full of pictures of you, your family, and your squadron mates....

That being said, I know a lot of guys who took cameras on combat sorties.

Guest purplecaddis
Originally posted by Rainman A-10:

Gun Camera.

If you fly an aircraft without a gun camera in it you are not allowed to tape down a video camera on the SKE scope mount.

Even worse would be to edit the video and play "Low Rider" as the sound track.

Guest OldHercNav

There are also a lot of good combat pics that were taken in the beer tent (official) and the refreshment tent (unofficial). Of course, no one violates GO #1. "Remember 10 West".

Guest Remy1492

delta, you will see insane stuff with cameras in your time.

thanks to laptops and modern dvd writing technology, so can your family at home

Guest Rainman A-10

The eagerly awaited JP-8 and MRE hauler has arrived at Bagram.

Note the explosion in the background behind the C-17...INCOMING!!!

54x2et

[ 18. May 2005, 10:23: Message edited by: Rainman A-10 ]

I'm gonna go real basic with this one for everyone's benefit. It took me a while to figure out how to post a picture.

You'll need to have it on a website and then you post the URL of the picture using the IMAGE button on the full reply form. For example, 050516-F-0000S-006.jpg

This pic was on af.mil today. I right-clicked on the pic, went to properties, copied the Address and then pasted into the pop-up window after I clicked on image. If you right click on the above image, it should give you the full URL address off of af.mil under properties.

There is a website called tinypic that lets you upload images for this purpose, if you don't have a personal website. It'll be out there for the world to see, though, so keep that in mind.

[ 17. May 2005, 07:15: Message edited by: PAB ]

Guest Rainman A-10

Here's a little taste of combat from the perspective of the guys whose airplanes can operate out of any little FOD covered sh!thole on the planet...

No cable in the Bagram VOQ? WTFO!?

55jb12

At least my tent was right across from the O'Club. You could bring your gun into the club, too...which was sweet. Check out the sweet MiG canopy and nose cone club decorations.

Thumbs in the vertical for the origninal Bagram O'Club

55jdef

Guest rude

hey toro,

i thought that might have been you from the email.

you very well might have been in the front on that flight. things here haven't changed for the better, that's for sure! just more rules in the year and half!

despite our new toys, we showed up a day late and a dollar short again!

who else is roaming around this site?

rd

• 4 years later...

HUGE bump

Not quite combat related, but this is the best thread I could find to post in. When our replacements came to Iraq in September of last year, we got ERO'd them off the 130 while we were wearing a tuxedo t-shirt and shirts that read "Iraq, It's the Bomb." The loads were taking video/pictures as we walked up to the plane. If someone could get a copy of the video or pictures, that'd be awesome.

It's a long shot, but I figured I'd try.

-PD :beer: