Experiment

Guest 10MAN

Guest THE10MAN

I'm going to try something today...I'm going to work with my sleeves rolled up Navy-style and my leg zippers half-unzipped. Being in AETC, I give it 2 hours before some shoe clerk weenie says something to me about it. I'll let you all know how it goes. I'm such a rebel.

I wore my sleeves pushed up and my zippers half zipped for nearly all of pilot training. That's gotta be some sort of record, right?

Guest scottaxelson

Ive been yelled at before for wearin the patch on the side of the arm where the velcro strap used to be. I had one that said "Dont kick the nav" with Ike from south park on it. I have a few others as well. Some people though have told me to take them off. Anybody else run into that crap? Its like the one little piece of expression on your flight suit....

Guest dustanas
Originally posted by a nav:

Its like the one little piece of expression on your flight suit....

Reminds me of:

office-space-08.jpg

"Now Lt., you do want to express yourself don't you?"

[ 27. February 2006, 14:16: Message edited by: positive rate ]

Ive been yelled at before for wearin the patch on the side of the arm where the velcro strap used to be. I had one that said "Dont kick the nav" with Ike from south park on it. I have a few others as well. Some people though have told me to take them off. Anybody else run into that crap? Its like the one little piece of expression on your flight suit....

There a pic of Moseley wearing one somewhere on AF.mil, but the ****ing photo search engine is TU'd at the moment (at least for me). I would print off a copy and carry it around with you...if it's good enough for the CSAF, it's good enough for a nav!

Cheers! M2

Guest scottaxelson

thanks max

That will deffinatly help. Although Im headed back to AETC for upt and Im sure I will have to take the patch off again...ah well

Guest THE10MAN

Sorry Bros...20 minutes after I posted this topic I walked into the flightroom to learn that our squadron suffered a tragic loss during the night (car accident)...experiment's been put on hold for a few days.

"I guess my one question would be what's the point?" - SNTS

No point really...just a funny way to give us something to ***** about, kind of a follow-up to the TACC post. I'm just curious to see how long it will take for someone to say something.

Guest KoolKat

shh...shh.......shh....

rumble....there a whole bag of shhh with your name on it.

Straighten up and look like a good troop or, or, or, or....

Good for you.

BENDY

I think the issue is standardization. At Kadena, the entire wing wears pocket patches. Tanker guys wear a tanker patch, Eagle guys wear an eagle patch, IIRC the -60 guys wear the jolly green feet, and I can't remember what the 'wackers wear but it's some kind of patch. Granted, friday is a big patch free-for-all, but still, it's mostly standardized and nobody *****es. No reference to any reg though.

[ 27. February 2006, 15:41: Message edited by: GBock ]

Guest Xtndr50boom

GBock, the AWACS wears a rainbow patch

I've known 10man since he was a 'wet behind the ears' co-rocket. If anyone here has the balls necessary to try something so ribald as this, it's half of this board, and 10man.

Good luck cap. I'll be behind you all the way.

I got to Pope and was immediately told to zip all my zippers, main zipper up to the top of the name tag (minimum), boots shined, one tuck of the sleeves (max), pen patches off, and no sunglasses on my head or hanging from the flightsuit. Welcome to Pope.