Cubs VS. Boston

Guest JollyFlight21

Guest croftfam

I know this has nothing to do with military or aviation, but I'm sorry, it's too big to not mention. First time they've played since '18 and the first time The Red Sox have ever played in Wrigley. Even if you're not a huge baseball fan this is a historic event!

GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SuperStallionIP

I married into being a Cubs fan. I love em' now but man can they irritate me with their occasional choking. God Bless em' regardless.

Guest croftfam
Originally posted by caliiceman328:

Go World Champs!!!!! Although if only we had the pitching (including the injured ones) of the Cubbies....

What, you guys did get Matt Clement! He's on fire this year, as a matter of fact, he's having a much better year with the Sox than he did with my Cubs last year!

The Yankees will go out and buy a new batch of allstars, and the moron players will go to NY and be piggies b!tch for a few million more they dont need.

It wouldnt surprise me if Piggie ( stienbrenner) has already offered to just buy the WS every year already. While Im ranting about my hate for the NYY owner, can someone explain how he can bet on baseball get suspended and get back in the game were as an owner he influences a hell of a lot more than Pete rose did, who on the other hand cant get back in the game???

Guest waxgoblin

band wagonnnnnn

BANNNND WAGGGONNNNNNnnnnn

[ 11. June 2005, 01:19: Message edited by: waxgoblin ]

Guest Hoser

I couldn't be happier to see Steinbrenner having fits these days. They haven't won the fall classic since 2000, even though ole George spends more of his personal money on any one player than most teams have for their entire payroll(and yes I know the Red Sox have the 2nd largest payroll in baseball).

Go Idiots!

Hoser

Guest waxgoblin

LJ Driver, PAB, just playing around here so many people here (nowhere near east coast) have jumped on the sox bandwagon.

Lived 3o min from boston for 23 years... no bandwagon here. Yeah the Sox have the 2nd highest but its still like 100 mil less AFTER the luxury tax. I rarely see a Sox hat, its mostly NYY hats. On the topic of $$ I think I read somewhere that Jeter and A-rod make more than the 5 bottom teams, individually. I think they make the same as the bottom 2 combined.

How a salary defines your career and worth, is beyond me.

No Pats bandwagon either, I was thinking repeat trip when Scott Zolak too over and won 2 in a row.

[ 12. June 2005, 09:14: Message edited by: J10B ]

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...Red Sox are a summertime team. All you Sox haters watch, this summer they'll kick it into high gear while the other teams crash and burn. This is for the champs This is for the Yankees

Guest Rainman A-10

Since we're talking bandwagon, here's mine...

5wxwlk

5wxw0h

5wxw9j

5wxwf7

5wxwjr

5wxwqx

[ 12. June 2005, 18:34: Message edited by: Rainman A-10 ]

Guest Raccoon
Originally posted by Beaver:

Demo, you know being a baseball fan is a requirement on the citizenship test, don't you?

But of course, and... and I love baseball... it's just.... it's just that... it's hard... to.... to stay awake.... when you watch it... :rolleyes: