Gunner Palace

M2

• 5 months later...

Just to revive this old thread...I got this in the email today...

Cheers! M2

Gunner Palace on DVD June 28th

Palm Pictures is releasing the Gunner Palace DVD on June 28, 2005. The disc can be pre-ordered on Amazon.com. If you screened the film, you can post your reviews there.

As part of the DVD release, Palm Pictures will donate a portion of every DVD sale to Fisher House. On May 10th, Palm Pictures and GP Director Michael Tucker presented a check for $10,000 to Fisher House - the first installment of what we hope will be a significant contribution. Fisher House is a "home away from home" for families of patients receiving medical care at major military and VA medical centers. The families of many soldiers from 2/3 FA, the unit featured in GP, benefited from Fisher House. With the conflict continuing, more families are going to need help.

To learn more go to: www.fisherhouse.org

I'm glad you revived the thread! There was a lot of interesting poop on there for a history geek and warbird nut like myself (even thought it was off topic). When I was over there, I used to ride my Harley all over east anglia looking for old USAAC/USAAF bases. :D

Originally posted by zrooster99:

I'm glad you revived the thread! There was a lot of interesting poop on there for a history geek and warbird nut like myself (even thought it was off topic). When I was over there, I used to ride my Harley all over east anglia looking for old USAAC/USAAF bases. :D

My favorite was Parham, near Framlingham, in Suffolk. It was home of the 390th Bomb Group. The control tower was restored and housed many historic artifacts and pictures. I got to be friends with some of the old geezers who volunteered their time there. I was stationed at RAF Bentwaters/Woodbridge (now closed). I used to rent planes from the Lakenheath Aero Club back then (don't know if they even have an aero club now). A couple times I landed on the old bit of runway that was still there and took the geezers up for plane rides. They really dug that.

I miss England.

I miss England.
I never thought I'd say it, but me too. I was at RAF Mildenhall. The aeroclub at Lakenheath closed (I did fly with the last manager they had up in Norwich). I rented out of Cambridge (where I happened to live). The biggest thrill for me was when I flew into Duxford...there was a Huricane cranking up just as I taxied in too. I heard about the place you're talking about, but never made it there...hence why I need to get back there!