Fighter Chicks

Flaco

First of all, yes, very low SA on my part. I allowed the picture to be posted on the website. That was dumb.
Okay, I singled out this quote to point out a disturbing trend in this day and age. Far too much disclosure about things that should be kept private.

Want an example? A good one is myspace (god how I hate that site). People will post all kinds of details about their life on there, sometimes flirting with OPSEC. Everybody and their brother has a cheap digital camera and takes pictures where they shouldn't be taken and posts them on websites.

Let's not be naive and think that things like the actions in this picture don't happen very often. They do, but nobody knows about it, which is the point. If I get drunk in a bar somewhere around my friends (not frequented by mil), I don't need to have 40 pictures snapped and forwarded to my unit and entire chain of command.

Exercise discretion for the love of God. Every time you put up a pic like that, you're offering it up to distorted perceptions that lack the proper context necessary to intepret it. I sort of feel the same way about UPT journals. There are some things in life that you need to discover for yourself and not broadcast to the masses.

I'm also disturbed at the trend of terrible web design, but that's a whole different thread.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rainman A-10

First off, good on ya for sounding off.

Unfortunately you have sounded of with low SA, IMHBAO.

Here's a couple debrief points...

Originally posted by Shock:

very low SA on my part. I allowed the picture to be posted on the website. That was dumb.

Shack.

About the picture: blah blah blah

An alibi does not need a follow on explaniation of how you didn't really fvck up. You're a fighter pilot. I assume you would know the culture of admitting your mistakes and offering up an explanation only if asked AND if you have a solution for avoiding it in the future. Fighter pilots don't debrief using excuses.

Unless something has changed recently...

As for our CFPA website; glad some of you like it, sorry some of you don’t. We’re not taking ourselves too seriously over it. It’s fun for us and is a great way to keep in touch.

You say some of you have been flying fighters for 10 years? And your SA is still so fvcking low that you create a public website? WTFO?

Here's where I hoist the bullshit flag.

I don't believe a word you're saying. You want this attention. If you wanted to share information privately among your small group you would restrict access to female fighter pilots. That is very easy to do. Check this out.

I say again, you know exactly what you're doing. Don't patronize those of us who are smart enough to look past your sexuality and your coy comments about boobs at 9Gs. You can't have it both ways.

You can get all fired up and hammer back at me if you want. I am not attacking you. I am pointing out what I see as the obvious. It's ok if you don't like what I'm saying (because I am calling you out on a couple things) but I'm pretty sure it will make sense if you read it carefully.

Guest Rainman A-10
Originally posted by Bender:

At first, I was kinda disappointed rainman went and got all serious...

However, if some of the younger guys can't understand where the bad juju lies in this whole thing, then it's good to have a more serious discussion about it.

My apologies to Bendy and anyone else whose buzz I killed.

Hard to believe but I'm not trying to be a dick, this time.

I am simply sounding off with a threat call. Consider it mutual support for all my bros and sisters out there fighting the enemy and risking your lives.

I just know how quickly this kind of thing can go from innocent fun to destroying a squadron, getting you on the cover of AF Enquirer and ruining people's careers while they're still Captains.

I've seen it happen and it still bums me out to think about it.

I have absolutely nothing against female pilots. I just believe everyone's behavior must be modified if men and women are going to be working together.

Guest Montecristo

Shock--you must know your pictures and website will continue to perpetuate animosity between male and female fliers. As a “ten year vet” one would think you could serve as a better role model and set the standard for future female aviators, however hate to admit you’re actions are way off mark.

[ 10. August 2006, 20:44: Message edited by: Montecristo ]

Guest SpectrePilot
Originally posted by Rainman A-10:

I just believe everyone's behavior must be modified if men and women are going to be working together.

You and I need to meet, Rainman. So well said. Problem is the AF in all its wisdom won't stop telling us over and over how MEN's behavior must be modified. EOT training, Social Climate Surveys, etc etc etc. all targeted at rooting out that tiny fraction of a percent of men who are actually out there "sexually harrassing" women.

The problems you've mentioned in your posts thus far are FAR more prevalent and damaging to good order and discipline than sexual harrassment.

Guest TheBurt

I've been away for a couple of weeks, and just checked out the cool new website..... I searched and just didn't find the section where we could rate their racks...... . Wow, what has the Air Force come to....... is it still cool to be a fighter pilot?

Wow, won't be long now until we have seperate boys and girls flights, just like high school gym class! fighterchicks.com

[ 14. August 2006, 13:15: Message edited by: 4Sure ]

Originally posted by HerkChik:

Rainman -

What makes it hard to listen to everyone complaining about this picture is that there's never a thread about how pissed off you got at your buddies at UPT for sleeping with an enlisted chick.

What about all the stories about chicks in UPT banging IPs??? I remember a story about my friends partying in San Antonio while at XL. My buddy is laying on the bed as one of the girl he's crashing with opens the door. One of her (she wasn't in our class) dirtbag IPs was at the door, and she up and disappeared with him. But she made it through UPT, no problem!

Guest SuperStallionIP
Originally posted by HerkChik:

What makes it hard to listen to everyone complaining about this picture is that there's never a thread about how pissed off you got at your buddies at UPT for sleeping with an enlisted chick.

That's cuz enlisted chicks don't like to sleep.