Life as an AGR?

Going to an airlift unit that has ample opportunity to go full time. I'd like to hear what a day or week in the life looks for an LT, specifically what happens when not flying.

Ideally fly as much as possible. Everything else will be some variation of make corn, clean bar, take out trash, ask about flying, get a queepy job (helping out a shop), work on a project if that's your speed, etc. Approximately 60-90 minutes of every day (low end) will also be BS-ing and hanging out. Whether that is good or bad all depends on your objectives.

can you elaborate on project? I really like my civilian job as a paramedic, so anything useful I can do with the medical section (training with them, getting approved to run my squadron's medical training) would be a dream. 

can you elaborate on project? I really like my civilian job as a paramedic, so anything useful I can do with the medical section (training with them, getting approved to run my squadron's medical training) would be a dream. 

Find your niche, which sounds like you may have. If you do become an AGR, you will likely be told what you will be doing as most AGR positions have a job defined by the manning document.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

On 3/18/2024 at 2:20 PM, bs98 said:

Going to an airlift unit that has ample opportunity to go full time. I'd like to hear what a day or week in the life looks for an LT, specifically what happens when not flying.

Did they say "full time" or "AGR?" Technician/temp tech and AGR are very different pay scales and cultures.

Edited by nunya