Selective Continuation factors after double passed over for O-5

Spaceballs

Does anyone have experience dealing with getting continuation after a DNP? Some NJP is in the picture from a few years ago that I thought I had recovered from, but that still played into a DNP for my first look at O-5. I’m assuming it’s not going to change next year. I’ve assumed I would get double passed over, but I was expecting a Promote at least. Does a DNP likely mean a DNP next year and how does that affect continuation? Thanks for any experiences.

Does anyone have experience dealing with getting continuation after a DNP? Some NJP is in the picture from a few years ago that I thought I had recovered from, but that still played into a DNP for my first look at O-5. I’m assuming it’s not going to change next year. I’ve assumed I would get double passed over, but I was expecting a Promote at least. Does a DNP likely mean a DNP next year and how does that affect continuation? Thanks for any experiences.

The continuation board is separate from the promotion board, and I’m not sure if they actually see your PRF’s DP/P/DNP, but they will see the NJP in your records. I’ve never met anyone not offered continuation, but those who had NJPs were from their Lt days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t have personal experience with exactly what you are facing but historically if you are a Major with 15 years of service when the board meets you will get continued
I don’t believe in spreading false hope but if you are rated, have 3 years of honorable service from your NJP incident and it is not of an extreme nature I think you will be continued

I got passed over on AD and that pushed me to the ANG, it worked out for me and I retired as an O-5 and I think I had a greater career from joining the ANG. Not telling you what to do but relaying what happened to me.

Best of luck to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk