Israeli pilots say "F this". 10K+ Reservists to quit.

gearhog

This is what happens when your government becomes rotten at the core. Your military services lose faith.

Today, another 10,000 Israeli reservists announced they'll join the hundreds of Air Force pilots and quit.

We had better start paying more attention to domestic issues in the US.

“We’ve got to fight for a country that our children will want to live in,” they said, opposing “a leadership with unbridled power and an extreme agenda.”

Many reservists have been warning in recent months they will not be able to serve in an undemocratic Israel, which some charge the country will become if the government’s overhaul plans are realized.

“Legislation that affects the Jewish or democratic character of the State of Israel must be carried out through negotiations and broad public agreement,” the 1,142 reservists said.

“Legislation that allows the government to act in an extremely unreasonable manner will harm the security of the State of Israel, will cause a loss of trust and a violation of my consent to continue risking my life, and will lead, with deep sorrow and no choice, to suspending my volunteer reserve duty,” they added.

ScreenShot2023-07-22at1_54_46PM.thumb.png.83a32140d6a1d97757dcd7139cf9b6cd.png

6 minutes ago, gearhog said:

How so?

From what I can tell of the situation, this is an attempt from the Israeli right to defang a leftwing activist court (like the U.S. had until recently).  A stark contrast from the alienation a lot of us feel from the leftwing-sheik American state ideology.