Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Guest Milamber

Guest Milamber

I'm on my way to Little Rock in about 3 weeks to do phase 1 & 2. After that I've got to go to Kirtland probably enroute for D-M.

Anyone been through the 130 course at Kirtland lately? Know any of the specifics like where they'll stick me and how often they start a class?

I know they have a BOQ, and a TLF (which is one of the nicer ones I've seen- little houses instead of big hotel rooms). Will they pay me full perdiem?

One of the biggest questions is how will they work the spouse thing for an enroute. Will she get some sort of perdiem, or am I better off sending her home to mom and collecting FSA?

We're already working the rent thing- She's moving back home to Santa Fe while I'm at LR and we're getting TMO to come pack up and close the house (no small feat when your RNLT date is 2006!!)

Last, with all this TDY and moving stuff, is there anything you guys can think of as far as allowances that I should be trying to get (like DLA, FSA)? You know how it is- there's always an allowance out there they just won't tell you you're qualified for- you have to demand it!!

Anyway, Thanks.

[ 25. April 2005, 14:11: Message edited by: Milamber ]

Guest Milamber

For the record- I did several searches and got very little.

Additionally, I'm headed to the 79th Rescue Sq down at D-M and I'm trying to get my patches together so I can NOT wear my Anal Expansion & Tunneling Command gear while at Little Rock.

Does anyone know what color/pattern the squadron uses for namepatches? Mardon has two different colors listed for them.

Also, anyone have a contact in the area who might be able to scam me a shoulder patch? I figure I can drum up an AFSOC badge and a subdued flag from somewhere but the others are a little tougher to come by.

Guest pavesooner

You wont be permitted to wear the subdued flag in AFSOC....

If the newly aquired H-60's and HC-130 guys have them they are wrong...

AFSOC sup to 36-2903 does not permit it....

Originally posted by Milamber:

we're getting TMO to come pack up and close the house (no small feat when your RNLT date is 2006!!)

2006!?! That's at least 8 months! Try doing it in 2 weeks!! To an overseas location no less...

Guest Milamber

Have you ever tried to get TMO to show up nearly a year before you're officially supposed to leave?

SO AFSOC wears a regular flag? Are all the other patches not subdued either? I always thought they were.

Originally posted by Milamber:

Have you ever tried to get TMO to show up nearly a year before you're officially supposed to leave?

Oh, because it's so far off...yeah, I get it. Dealing with TMO is a pain no matter how much time you have.

Guest croftfam
Originally posted by Mambo:

2006!?! That's at least 8 months! Try doing it in 2 weeks!! To an overseas location no less...

Yep! That's what I'm currently struggling with! Sucks!

Guest Milamber

Got it- thanks CH!! So the flags I've got are good. I just need to get the sq to send me their patch, then I'm sure I can pick up a Cmd patch locally and order the nametag from Mardon.

Originally posted by Mambo:

Dealing with TMO is a pain.

You wrote too many words so I fixed it for you ;)

How about the other stuff? Anyone done a trip out to the 58th? Does the AF pay anything for spouses on an enroute?

Guest Milamber

Wow, just called the orderly room. Sending patches, who'd a thunk it'd be that easy.

Appreciate the offer wes. Nice collection by the way. Is that a full-on business or just a hobby that pays?

Guest Afsocwes@aol.com

I have been collecting since I joined the Air Force in 81. When I got custody of my daughter from my crazy LBFM Ex-wife. I started buying, selling and trading. To pay for my hobby.

If you ever need anything. Let me know. I always prefer to trade. You get the best patches that way.

Guest Milamber

I've got a bunch of my dad's stuff somewhere... If I find them and have some doubles we might just be able to work something out ;)