Squadron Margarita machine

B52gator

One of the "guys" in our squadron thought it would be a good idea to get a margarita machine for our hooch. Should I:

A. Talk some sense into him

B. Tell the SQ/CC this has bad idea written all over it

C.

D. Tell him to quit being a SNAP

E. C and D

[ 06. June 2006, 20:46: Message edited by: Toro ]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Margaritas? In a squadron bar? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a margarita every now and then. But not in the hooch, the hooch isn't a place for nancying around with margaritas. It is for beer, bourbon, whiskey, tequila shots, swearing, debauchery, dirty jokes, farts, telling "so there i was" stories, crud, and getting wasted.

nuff said

Guest Hydro130

I dunno. Alcohol was a four-letter word at YOK when I left, so I'd be happy to see any sort of inebriated-induced comraderie happenin' around the sq. You should be so lucky.

Fortunately, cooler heads have recently prevailed, and YOK is putting in a good new sq bar, not sure if a margarita mixer is in the plans...

But heck, why not?

You still can stock plenty of High Life, Weed, and other hard stuff in the fridge.

If the dude wants margaritas, have a nut...

Hydro

Guest Navtastic
Originally posted by b52gator:

It is for beer, bourbon, whiskey, tequila shots, swearing, debauchery, dirty jokes, farts, telling "so there i was" stories, crud, and getting wasted.

Margaritas can lead to more of all of the above. Are you trying to prove something by implying that margaritas aren't "manly" enough for you?

to each his own i guess. i'll stand by my opinion, but if it happens it happens. like i said, i enjoy myself a margarita every now and then. man, i thought i'd get a little more support. i guess i am the d-bag with a beer(s) in my hand.

[ 06. June 2006, 15:02: Message edited by: b52gator ]

Guest Hydro130

Let the kid have his margaritas. It not like that's the only thing in the bar.

If other folks rag on him enough, the margarita machine will end up all dusty in the corner. No harm, no foul.

It's a self-licking ice cream-cone litmus test to whoever would then pony up to said hooch / sq bar margarita machine.

That's their problem, not yours!

Hydro

Guest sleepy
Originally posted by Navtastic:

Margaritas can lead to more of all of the above. Are you trying to prove something by implying that margaritas aren't "manly" enough for you?

Guest sleepy

Talk to HD about the booze.

No wait, I'm killing my own game. I just got a fresh bottle of Dickel. Come on over...we'll work on that tan line. ;)

Call me what you will, but there is nothing better than going to some sketchy A$$ mexican place with the fellas and getting t-rashed off of good rita's with some chips and slasa....thats how I started the majority of my weekends in college!

Guest txaggie_99

sure there is...hitting the Chicken every Thursday night in College Station, TX with your bros, drinking BEER, and chasing pu$$y

I'm with b52 on this one...

Guest Hydro130

The Wild Chicken in Pattaya, Thailand...

Yes to all of the above. College Station has no idea.

Cheers, Hydro

Guest txaggie_99

oooh...yeah, never been there but know a few folks who spent ample time in Thailand and Philippines.

Damn, I can only imagine!

Originally posted by Hydro130:

The Wild Chicken in Pattaya, Thailand...

Yes to all of the above. College Station has no idea.

Cheers, Hydro

2!

Stateside partying can not come close to the kind of debauchery that can be had in the Pacific.

As for the Margarita machine...just fill it with Weed and ice and make Jeremiah slushy's!

Guest Hydro130
Originally posted by Mambo:

2!

Stateside partying can not come close to the kind of debauchery that can be had in the Pacific.

As for the Margarita machine...just fill it with Weed and ice and make Jeremiah slushy's!

Guest scottaxelson
Originally posted by b52gator:

Margaritas? In a squadron bar? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a margarita every now and then. But not in the hooch, the hooch isn't a place for nancying around with margaritas. It is for beer, bourbon, whiskey, tequila shots, swearing, debauchery, dirty jokes, farts, telling "so there i was" stories, crud, and getting wasted.

nuff said

Dude, have you even been here long enough when we actually HAD a hooch? That whole area has been shut down for months now and I thought you didnt get on station til after it was closed.

Our hooch is going way downhill...this should sum it up here. We do have a B-17 ball turret hanging from the ceiling, which is pretty bas a$$ if youve never seen one up close. A nice tribute to bomber heritage. Also on the wall is (from what I recall) a painting of a B-24 with an old school pin up on the side. From what Ive heard, we will have to paint over her, cause that isnt PC anymore. So much for heritage. We might as well take down the ball turret cause it probably killed people...

Originally posted by Chuck Farleston:

call people pussies if they have it any other way than on the rocks, stiff, w/ 1800 at the minimum.

The purpose of a margarita machine is to make frozen margaritas

I look at it this way:

1) Don't whine about having a bar in the SQ. Way too many fun-nazis these days taking it away.

2) I'm a bourbon-hound, but I don't personally have a problem with margaritas. That is, of course, unless you break HD's seventh rule of good booze consumption:

No man should take his margarita frozen...ever.

I'm pretty much on your side here Gator. My guess is he's a SNAP who drinks vodka and powerade while everyone else is guzzling Black Label.

HD

[ 06. June 2006, 17:03: Message edited by: HerkDerka ]