• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm... Mekhong...

Maybe someday I'll be back.

Do C-17's go to Utaphao?

As for the rita's, I'm with Chuck:

Originally posted by Chuck Farleston:

Choice G - stock good tequila.

and call people pussies if they have it any other way than on the rocks, stiff, w/ 1800 at the minimum.

Guest Hoser

If the margarita machine gets the young ones to actually hang out and drink in the bar on a Friday, then I'd allow it.

With the SNAP generation, I'm seeing a trend of dudes who don't want to hang out in the bar, don't drink, don't smoke cigars, carry backpacks, umbrella's, briefcases, and run in the rain, that it's making me sick.

If the fruity umbrella drink at least gets them in the bar long enough to listen to the gray beards and actully learn something, I would rather have that, then them not showing up in the bar at all.

Once they are in the bar, I'm still for kicking their ares trying to beat some sense into them.

Hoser

[ 11. June 2006, 17:05: Message edited by: Hoser ]

Guest Bullmastiff

This si depressing. I remember when I left the AD Air Force squadron "fun" was really taking a dive for the worse. Luckily it hasnt appeared to have hit Army aviation where I currently reside, yet :(

Lets not mix our whiskey's folks! Black and Blue are blended Scotch whiskey. By the way if you're ever in Kadena buy some blue there, $100 a pop. I brought me home two just recently. Bourbon slushies should only be made with the one and only JIM BEAM, man I love that guy!

Cooter

Originally posted by Cooter:

Lets not mix our whiskey's folks! Black and Blue are blended Scotch whiskey.

Ummm...we never said they weren't. We weren't talking about bourbon slushies.

Originally posted by Cooter:

man I love that guy!

HD

Guest sleepy

Fellas-

If you can't afford or find Woodford Reserve, go with the white label George Dickel.

HerkChik has good point. If you have more than ice cubes and a glass, you've got too much. Blenders (not Benders) are extraneously superfluous.

Originally posted by trailmix:

How about a squadron soft-serve ice cream machine!!I think I have a winner here...

w00000, I foresee a squadron soft-served eating contest...see who can down it fastest.....ooooooooohhhhh, brain-freeze.......

Guest Bullmastiff
Originally posted by HerkChik:

I'm not sure why there's even a debate here - if a guy is willing to pay for a margarita machine, how nice is that? And as far as Jager - you could put it in the freezer and get the same effect for $300 cheaper...

You can make margaritas without a machine as well.

Sure you can use a freezer and ice to chill the Jager, but is it as cool?

Guest SpectrePilot

Here's the reason this is a stupid debate: There will very very soon be NO drinking allowed in any squadron or at any squadron function on ANY base. Just you watch and see.

It's already happening at Hurlburt Field, which was once home to the "Stepchildren", the true "Silent Warriors", the "Bad Boys" of the Air Force. Those not on the "tip of the spear", but rather the molotov cocktails that were used before the spear!

I digress... If it can happen at Hurlburt, it will happen everywhere. You heard it here first.

S&C

Guest rtstolwo

...and a single tear rolled down my cheek.

A sad prospect for sure. Hope that doesn't happen before I get my turn.

P.S. I know nobody actually cares but I am proud so I am gonna post it anyway...Just got my AFOQT scores back.

97/89/84/82/85

[ 16. June 2006, 02:44: Message edited by: rtstolwo ]

I will never live in base housing again because my wife and I were viewed as heathen's because we'd go the the club on the weekends and stumble home, or we'd be the one's having the barbeque and drinking in the back yard with friends.
So my wife and I are gonna catch a bunch of shit at Vance because either I or both of us come home wasted? And then to top it off we'll be "the bad guys" because we have people over and get drunk in the backyard? What a bunch of shit. Hopefully we don't have douche bag neighbors, but if they're like what you said, they can go to hell; I'll get extra drunk just for them!

And for the record: This is at least one married guy whose wife completely supports his drinking. Nothing like a couple pitchers and some jack and coke the night before 630 Icarus...God I hate ASBC, can't wait for SOS (is there a put gun to your mouth icon?)

[ 16. June 2006, 08:28: Message edited by: brabus ]

Originally posted by Safe&Clear:

Here's the reason this is a stupid debate: There will very very soon be NO drinking allowed in any squadron or at any squadron function on ANY base. Just you watch and see.

It's already happening at Hurlburt Field, which was once home to the "Stepchildren", the true "Silent Warriors", the "Bad Boys" of the Air Force. Those not on the "tip of the spear", but rather the molotov cocktails that were used before the spear!

I digress... If it can happen at Hurlburt, it will happen everywhere. You heard it here first.

S&C

What happened at Hurlburt? I used to have a great time listening to all the stories over a beer while I was on casual... Made life more interesting to hear about the guys who were actually there in Panama, Grenada, etc... rather than just learning about them in a class in college.