Drinking in uniform/on duty

chizz

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:56 AM, chizz said:

Too many people are cowards these days in regards to the punishment they deal out during their command.  In this case, and as with the case when I received similar punishment for a minor infraction that could have been dealt with by means of a verbal counseling, the theme is "I have to hand out paperwork or I risk getting fired under the condition of not leading my people and failure to command."  I'm sorry but handing out LOCs/LORs isn't commanding, it is not leading your people.  It is simple covering your ass and not having the fortitude to stand up for your actions if you truly believe they are the right punishment for the crime.  If you truly believe the punishment shouldn't be handed out, then dispense with the speech that includes "well this gets tossed out in six months so it really doesn't matter."  Why waste both of our time then?

LOR?  Nah, more like yelled at.  I've been yelled at before. 

I recently had someone call back to PA at my base and tell them that someone was drinking a beer in a flight suit.  Upon hearing about it, I went straight to the OG and told him that it was me who was drinking and I don't know what ass clown called us in, but there were many more people buying us drinks and talking to us.  You tell me what presents a better public image.