DoD computers and music

BDJ238

We all know that the DoD loves to block music service websites, so my question is what have you found to allow you to play music. Live365 used to be the go to site but it recently was blocked. I don't have unlimited data so using the phone is out. All that I can find left is YouTube, which isn't ideal for music streaming. What is everyone else using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest LumberjackAxe

When I deployed as a planner, I couldn't bring electronics in with me so I had to find ways to stream music.

The EASIEST (and free) way is to use Amazon MP3 Cloud Player, you just download it and upload all yer mp3s and then at your DOD computer, you just stream whatever you uploaded from home (or purchased on Amazon).

The BEST way is to use google all access, since you get damn nearly every song ever made for $7.99/month, but you can't get to it normally on a DOD computer. There was a way to get it, though--I think you have to search "All Access Help" which takes you to the help page (not the music player), but then you click on "My Library" from the help page and then that takes you to the music player... but about half the time, it got stuck on the "loading" page, if that happens, just refresh and try again.

God damn I feel like a nerd, but I sure needed to hear the Notorious BIG some mornings.

The BEST way is to use google all access, since you get damn nearly every song ever made for $7.99/month, but you can't get to it normally on a DOD computer. There was a way to get it, though--I think you have to search "All Access Help" which takes you to the help page (not the music player), but then you click on "My Library" from the help page and then that takes you to the music player... but about half the time, it got stuck on the "loading" page, if that happens, just refresh and try again.

this.

I think AFSOC is some kind of special circle of hell on this issue. YouTube is blocked 69% of the time, BO.net forums are blocked always, etc.

The only saving grace recently has been the approval of EFBs on the vault. Problem finally solved, no thanks to the computer nazis.

We all know that the DoD loves to block music service websites, so my question is what have you found to allow you to play music. Live365 used to be the go to site but it recently was blocked. I don't have unlimited data so using the phone is out. All that I can find left is YouTube, which isn't ideal for music streaming. What is everyone else using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice try, comm sq

• Upvote 3